here's another new song of mine

Are those drums programmed?

well, yes and no. i use a software program called EZdrummer, from toontrack music. basically, there are just tons and tons of drum patterns played by various drummers (most notably Tomas Haake, Mattias Grahn of Naglfar, etc.). all i did was just drag n' drop the files into the song and, there ya go. almost like having a real drummer play on your song (but way cheaper & without all the egos). on this particular song, most of the heavier "black metal"-ish parts have midi drum patterns played by dirk verbeuren, while the more proggy parts have patterns played by a guy named peter fredlander (both from additional midi packs i got from the toontrack website).

well, yes and no. i use a software program called EZdrummer, from toontrack music. basically, there are just tons and tons of drum patterns played by various drummers (most notably Tomas Haake, Mattias Grahn of Naglfar, etc.). all i did was just drag n' drop the files into the song and, there ya go. almost like having a real drummer play on your song (but way cheaper & without all the egos). on this particular song, most of the heavier "black metal"-ish parts have midi drum patterns played by dirk verbeuren, while the more proggy parts have patterns played by a guy named peter fredlander (both from additional midi packs i got from the toontrack website).
sounds like pretty awesome software, i need to check that out