Here's something weird for you

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
So, Jeremy Russell from Blue Cheer died in March. If you don't know them, they are one of the sort of root bands of metal really. Anyhoo, I used to work at this hotel in Tucson called the Arizona Inn. My manager, who I eventually took over for, was the nicest guy. A real gem. He used to play in a band back in the day. You might see where this is going.

Anyway, I'm in CA now, but when he died I saw his obituary 'cause we still get the Tucson paper, and there it was in black and white, Jeremy Russell of Blue Cheer. I about shit. We used talk music from time to time but that fucker NEVER ever mentioned that BLUE fucking CHEER was "...that band I used to be in..." Ha. He was just the nicest guy. Anyway, small world I guess. Weird shit.

ElectricWiz said:
So, Jeremy Russell from Blue Cheer died in March. If you don't know them, they are one of the sort of root bands of metal really. Anyhoo, I used to work at this hotel in Tucson called the Arizona Inn. My manager, who I eventually took over for, was the nicest guy. A real gem. He used to play in a band back in the day. You might see where this is going.

Anyway, I'm in CA now, but when he died I saw his obituary 'cause we still get the Tucson paper, and there it was in black and white, Jeremy Russell of Blue Cheer. I about shit. We used talk music from time to time but that fucker NEVER ever mentioned that BLUE fucking CHEER was "...that band I used to be in..." Ha. He was just the nicest guy. Anyway, small world I guess. Weird shit.

Wow! Thats an amazing story. In 1968 I was 10 years old. I used to listen to the radio all the time. And I actually liked "Summertime Blues"! That songs was part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Thanks a lot for telling me this story :)

Here is more including the mentioning of the Arizona Inn!

http://www.bluecheer.info/bluecheernews.htm

thats is cool, I have never heard of them
( Bruiser Brody the wrestler pulled over and helped my aunt fix her car on the free way) It was raining, this peice of crap pinto pulls up next to us a big guy gets out( I was 7 or 8 and was just watching the man wrestle 45 minutes before)My aunt didnt recognize him, all she said was that was the scarriest looking man she have ever seen

I grew up about 5 miles away from the Von Erik's ( not necasarily a music thingy but similar thingy)

of course I was standing in grocery store next to Al Jourgenson( ministry) I recognized him, but didnt say anything cuz some people like to shop without being bothered. I think it would be neat to work with him someday

ElectricWiz said:

That's a great story, dude. Good to hear he was a nice guy. I love Blue Cheer. Their debut album, "Vincebus Eruptum" is a classic and for my money, one of the absolute best albums to come out of the 60's.

Man that's sad! Blue Cheer along with Cream, Zepplin, Sabbath and Hendrix and The
Who pioneered Heavy Metal. They were one of the first bands along with Kiss and
CCR that I listened to when I was a little kid. Man it seems like a lot of musicians
have passed away in the past year too many to count. Another loss in the world
music community.