Hetfield Black album tone - my Quest

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to chime in with Dammit. :) And yeah, that's what I would use instead of fussing about with other things. Plug and play Black sound. :)

Guys, y'know what puzzles me about Hetfields "actual" tone/gear , is how he gets that sound from his Mark 2 boogie - cause i've heard one years ago and it had a real boomy low end no matter where the bass was set.Used to make me think he had a pedal infront but he doesnt - but he does use a few aphex eq's but they arent in front of the boogie??

Guys, y'know what puzzles me about Hetfields "actual" tone/gear , is how he gets that sound from his Mark 2 boogie - cause i've heard one years ago and it had a real boomy low end no matter where the bass was set.Used to make me think he had a pedal infront but he doesnt - but he does use a few aphex eq's but they arent in front of the boogie??

The Mark II I played through was incredibly tight, as was the Mark III, but this was at low volumes, not cranked.

The Mark II I played through was incredibly tight, as was the Mark III, but this was at low volumes, not cranked.

There are different types of Mark II´s. The tightest is the IIC(+).
But like all Mark series the toneknobs work as an eq-pedal before the amp, the 5-band graphic eq is your normal eq.

Sounds excellent!

I think it needs just a tad more fullness in the lows, but it definitely sounds incredibly close.