Hey All!

toolfanem

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2014
NJ
celestialflesh.bandcamp.com
Hey All!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have learned a lot by visiting this forum and so I thought it was finally time to jump in and join the conversation :headbang:

I play guitar, bass, drums, and some keys (although I'll be the first to say that I am pretty awful at keys). My pop was a drummer when I was a kid and I grew up with a late 70s Ludwig kit in the basement that you couldn't get me off of! I learned how to play by spending hours with the radio blasting classic rock (old 92.3fm for NJ folks)and jamming along on that kit.

The first songs that I was ever a part of writing were in that basement with my elementary school buddies. And I can remember trying to hum notes to the guitar player over the drums, screaming over the loud music "try this note". Of course that didn't work, which is when I decided I needed to learn how to play the guitar.

At the time, the boom box I had could record to cassette tapes and so we recorded three songs in one afternoon, all live takes, I think I was 9 at the time haha. Not realizing what overdubbing actually was, I thought, "why cant I just hit record again and add another guitar part?" Then began the process of rerecording one of the songs we had just done... lesson learned and spark ignited.

After that I became obsessed with recorded music. Everything from crappy sounding punk records that sounded like they were cut to wax cylinder, to highly produced, reverb drenched pop records of the late 80s and early 90s. Years later, I ended up going to college for music production and doing studio work around NJ/NY for a few years. The full time studio gig wasn't paying the bills and so I decided to get back to writing and treating the recording end of things as my passion rather than work.

And here's were I am at today. I write under the name Celestial Flesh, and record/mix all the stuff from my home studio in NJ. Here is a track from an album I released a few months back:

Anyway, I look forward to learning more and contributing to the community here!

Last edited by a moderator: