Hey Chicago-ites! Come hang out!

I'll be in Chicago for a long-ass lay over on Friday April 16th!

My flight gets in at about 3:30 pm and doesn't leave again until about 7:15.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up at the airport (or somewhere super close) to grab a drink or two before I have to take off again. Even if I leave the airport, I'll have about 2 hours to hang out.

I'm also hoping to take a bump and spend the night in the windy city, but I'm not going to count on that.

I'd be great to see the Chicago crew!

(Come on, don't force me to hang out with Sean alone!)

I'm open to suggestions for meeting places too!

-MetalRose

PS- Yippee, Yardley- I promise no stalkers this time around!

Damn...I have to work...and then rush home (which "rushing" is still an hour and a half commute one way) and get ready for Finntroll and Swallow the Sun that night.
Where ya headed/heading from? You should just skip the flight, stay in Chi-town and go to the show with me! ;)
TSO plays the Chicago Theater on the 17th.
Kill two birds....

I'll be in Chicago for a long-ass lay over on Friday April 16th!

My flight gets in at about 3:30 pm and doesn't leave again until about 7:15.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up at the airport (or somewhere super close) to grab a drink or two before I have to take off again. Even if I leave the airport, I'll have about 2 hours to hang out.

I'm also hoping to take a bump and spend the night in the windy city, but I'm not going to count on that.

I'd be great to see the Chicago crew!

(Come on, don't force me to hang out with Sean alone!)

I'm open to suggestions for meeting places too!

-MetalRose

PS- Yippee, Yardley- I promise no stalkers this time around!

Got your message babe! I'm there unless I'm working that day.
LMAO on the P.S.! You rock my socks!

Final information:

I'll be coming into O'Hare at 3:19 pm via United Airlines.

My flight out of O'Hare is at 7:00 pm, like I said, unless I can get a bump, in that case I'm hoping to spend the night in Chi-town.

I'll be shooting out texts on Friday about 11 am during my Denver layover. Is there a good meeting place at the airport for drinks? Or someplace close by?

Damn...I have to work...and then rush home (which "rushing" is still an hour and a half commute one way) and get ready for Finntroll and Swallow the Sun that night.
Where ya headed/heading from? You should just skip the flight, stay in Chi-town and go to the show with me! ;)
TSO plays the Chicago Theater on the 17th.
Kill two birds....

Actually I'm really hoping to take a bump in Chicago! And knowing that Finntroll is there! Now I just may "miss" my flight home... I'd have no issue hanging with my Chicago Peeps.

I'm heading from Spokane back to Hartford. I'll be on the West Side (*horrible fake gang signs thrown in for comedic effect*) for a week doing helping on training and getting some face time with my supervisor, who totally threw me under the bus at my last review. :(

It turns out that I am off that day, so a drink is in.

YAY! I'm excited!

Alright, so the follow up. I leave on Sunday, no flight changes between now and then I'm hoping.

-Metal

Going off campus is fine. I've got plenty of time for drinks for a couple of hours before I have to hit security again.

I'm out at 7:30 am pt (9:30 am central) I'll call/text as many as I can at my layover in Denver. Just tell me where to meet you all. (And if someone wants to meet me at the airport I wouldn't be opposed. :))

See y'all tomorrow.

-Metal

Yep, that was one realllly annoying thing I noticed about O'Hare.

ATL FTW. :)

You should see Milwaukee! If you come in on United, and go out on Midwest (or Frontier or Delta), you have to go through security again. Each terminal has it's own security. It's stupid. Government efficiency at its best!

I'm out at 7:30 am pt (9:30 am central) I'll call/text as many as I can at my layover in Denver. Just tell me where to meet you all. (And if someone wants to meet me at the airport I wouldn't be opposed. :))

See y'all tomorrow.

-Metal

Text Yardley or me with your flight number and I will look up which terminal you are going to be coming into.

We are thinking there is a sports bar on the NW corner of Mannheim Road and Route 72 (Higgins). It's super close, but shouldn't have airport prices. It's just across I-90 from the Allstate Arena (aka Rosemont Horizon). I don't know the name of the place though. It's easy enough to get to if you can get to I-90 though. Here's a google map of the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=o'har...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

I still prefer MKE to ORD, just because it's smaller, but yeah I always thought that was weird......

Are you speaking of the AirHost bar? I didn't even know that place was still around. There's Harry Carrays too, but their prices are pretty steep. Used to work next door to HC's....

I still prefer MKE to ORD, just because it's smaller, but yeah I always thought that was weird......

Are you speaking of the AirHost bar? I didn't even know that place was still around. There's Harry Carrays too, but their prices are pretty steep. Used to work next door to HC's....

No clue what the name of it is.

I'm going to be up in MKE again this weekend. Unfortunately, my overnights there aren't that long. Got a really long one in Cincy though.