Hey Chris, George here (TQR), got a question

reapergg

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2008
I finally got out to see a concert of yours at Magnus Arena several months back. Awesome!

Do you still do much home based recording? You were using Sonar back in the day, based on your endorsement list, Im guessing you still do. Im curious what your opinion is on the ampsims out these days. I've been using the podxt. There is a lot of rave about the soft sims amplitube and guitar rig etc..

Sean (Corruption) and I have whipped up a few instrumentals (link in sig)

anyway keep shredding

George

I believe Dave is still using Marshall. I know he's got a signature cabinet enclosure with them, I don't know about a head. I suppose he's quite happy with them, so he wouldn't change it.

Well, Im taking the plunge.. got about half the dough for the Axe FX ultra.. This unit looks like its the king of the hill for modelling. I got pretty good tones from the podxt so Im pretty fired up about this little devil.

The Axe-FX is definitely a huge revolution in amp modeling. If you've got the money to spend on it, you shouldn't need another amplifier ever again... or at least until this becomes obsolete.

Hey George, it's rob Garcia. Chris is on tour till mid april so he probably won't respond till after that. Hope all is well later.

Dave is using a Digitech preamp through a Marshall Power amp ...

90% of the cabs on stage are dummy cabs. I got to see them tear down at the HOB in Las Vegas during the Endgame tour and all of the cabs except for 1 on each side were dummies ...lol

I believe they are both running direct to the board, and the power amps just drive a single cab on stage for monitoring purposes.

FYI: This was BEFORE chris moved to the Axe FX and Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my timing is good.. the AXE FX 2 looks killer. By the time I can afford it, there should be some user feedback. I'd bet Chris may have already tried one

I was wondering if Chris will be giving the Axe-fx II a "go" as well!! Got my eye on one also...The improvements, expanded memory, IR's and tightness to an even closer analog feel sounds very intriquing. Kinda awaiting for some reviews/clips myself - see them being pretty hard to come by for a bit once they actually become available.