I've got latency problems. Help me out. (Saffire Pro24 and Sonar X1)

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
Alright so I just got my Saffire Pro 24. I'm replacing my Lexicon Lambda which I had no issues with, it just didn't have enough outputs.

I'm using Sonar X1

My PC Specs are:
Processor: AMD 6-Core 1055T
Ram: 8gb of 1600mhz 7-9-9-20

Using a pair on BX8as

Basically I'm having bad latency issues when recording. Play back is fine but the WDM drives aren't working to well, it's got some static to it even when im just playing back DIs through input echo.

ASIO works better and I can hear everything but damn it's hard to understand what is what when routing and even then I still have recording latency pretty bad.

The Lexicon Lambda had no issues, why am I having issues with this unit?

Well somehow I fixed it but I'm getting a lot of drop outs when I press play or record just when I scroll or do anything.

Lots of drop outs.. sounds like an issue with Sonar config. Set it to ASIO (triangular) and check-mark both buffers at 512, just to be on the safe side.

Yeah I actually already have it set to that.

ASIO (Tri)

Both Buffers are at 512

Sample rate is 224 samples.

Anything else I should try. I have no latency anymore, it works really nice now. But when I playback it drops out a lot just when scrolling or moving the mouse. Latency Check shows good.

Alright just scrolling in sonar makes my latency at 1700us and then drops out. I also noticed that the mix I'm doing was done in WDM in 16bit mode. Now I'm in ASIO in 24bit mode. Maybe something is conflicting there?