Hey Coypu!!!

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Just wondering if you had thought of putting B-War from Marduk into your Metal bass thang.With the exception of Tyr,he is best Black Metal bassplayer out there.Even Mr.Webster thinks so.He plays with his fingers too.
Also,you mentioned in the Lars K. Norberg section that he plays on of the top three most technical bass riffs ever or something.What song/riff are you talking about?
Cheers Big Ears

Originally posted by LordFireworm
Just wondering if you had thought of putting B-War from Marduk into your Metal bass thang.With the exception of Tyr,he is best Black Metal bassplayer out there.Even Mr.Webster thinks so.He plays with his fingers too.
Also,you mentioned in the Lars K. Norberg section that he plays on of the top three most technical bass riffs ever or something.What song/riff are you talking about?
Cheers Big Ears

You may haveto recomend me a few marduk songs then since the ones I have heard had no audioble bass at all so its hard to give a fair judgement based on that.

The thing I write about Lars was that when I was listening to Spiral Architect I kindof thought "damn, theese guys keeps it technical all the time and not just in the solos" so I wrote that since I do think that of all bands I have heard Spiral Architect has some of the most technical basic song structures I have heard. It wasn't like I thought like this "oh, Spastic Inks bass riff at 20s in the song ... is the most tecnical ever and number 2 is the atheist riff in the beginning of ...". You should get the idea.

There are better songs then "Dark Endless" I just didn't want to post a list with all songs containing bass breaks. Other suggestion are "On Darkened Wings," "Burn my Coffin" (live,) "Deme Quaden Thyrane" (both versions.) Ya the whole new album is probably his best though (check out his tapping in the early days too.)

I have listened to songs now and I'll add him whenever I get in the mood. But I think that he could expand his playing more in marduk if he wanted too.

You should really add the guy from Dysrhythmia, he is incredible.

His stuff is pretty complicated all the time, although one of my favorite parts is at 1:50 in nutritional facelift.

Originally posted by the fool
You should really add the guy from Dysrhythmia, he is incredible.

His stuff is pretty complicated all the time, although one of my favorite parts is at 1:50 in nutritional facelift.

You're taking the piss I gather.
Eamonn