Hey Dan, what do you think of Iron Maiden?

Celestial-Voyage

slave to thepower ofdeath
May 21, 2001
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit site
What do you think of Iron Maiden?
I've been a huge fan of the first 7 maiden albums for many years before getting into more extreme metal, all your creative awesome works and so forth.
Just wondering what you thought of them, if they ever had any kind of musical impact on you as you were growing up.

I like Iron Maiden when they doesn´t sound like Iron Maiden :)
I think they have made like 10 really really good songs through-out their career and a bunch of "cool when your drunk" trax, that´s not really that good...but cool. My fave tracks are the "hate" songs from the die-hards (of course..like always!!) "Reach Out", "Wasted Years", "Stranger in a strange land", "Flight of Icarus", "Prodigal Son", "Can I Play With Madness" etc.

See ya

Dan Swan&#246 said:
My fave tracks are the "hate" songs from the die-hards (of course..like always!!) "Reach Out

Reach out.. Now that`s one helluva great song thats been long forgotten, B side of Stranger wasnt it, and A. Smith sings if I`m not mistaken.. thanx for reminding me Dan, got to dig deep and give it spin when I get home from work.

:Smokin:

Dan Swan&#246 said:
I like Iron Maiden when they doesn´t sound like Iron Maiden :)
I think they have made like 10 really really good songs through-out their career and a bunch of "cool when your drunk" trax, that´s not really that good...but cool. My fave tracks are the "hate" songs from the die-hards (of course..like always!!) "Reach Out", "Wasted Years", "Stranger in a strange land", "Flight of Icarus", "Prodigal Son", "Can I Play With Madness" etc.

See ya

You want the truth?
Well, I'll tell you the truth, son!
Your soul's gonna BURN in a lake of FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!

Can I Play With Madness is one of my favorites, but I'm surprised you didn't mention Hallowed Be Thy Name! I mean, it's definitely not a "cool when your drunk" song. Maybe a "cool when your girlfriend dumps you" song, perhaps. But I love the vocals on it. That, and the Evil That Men Do. But I guess those two are pretty standard Maiden classics. Can I Play With Madness is still one of my favorite Maiden tracks.

headbanger1547 said:
Iron Maiden:
50% crap
30% mediocre
20% awesome

ok. I like em, transylvania,phantom of the opera, remember tomorrow, prodigal son, strangeworld, rime of the ancient mariner, children of the damned, aces high, hallowed be thy name, loneliness of the long distance runner, alexander the great,to tame a land. just a few of the ones i like. a couple good headbangers'!

Iron Maiden rules :cool:
It was my first metalband, so of course they are something special for me. They've made LOT'S of crap, but on the other hand, they many never-dying classics in their catalouge too

All iron Maiden fans look on me like im crazy when I say I prefer the two first albums(especially the second) over anything else they have done. Anyone agree?

Larsson said:
All iron Maiden fans look on me like im crazy when I say I prefer the two first albums(especially the second) over anything else they have done. Anyone agree?

Is the second one "Killers"? I like this the most, too. But I don't know all albums. but it has a certain atmosphere that makes it so good.