Hey + Dave's Stage Nylon

Matt Lee

Aug 6, 2004
New York, NY
Hello, just got on the Ultimate Metal forums a few days ago and thought I'd say hey to anyone I may know here. Met Dave a few times at Prog Power (and hope to see him and any of the PoO guys who go this year), if he remembers me.

Anyway I also was wondering what kind of acoustic/electric classical Dave uses on stage. I've been thinking about getting one to put all my classical guitar schooling and otherwise annoying long fingernails to some good use (ie: play it with my metal band :D ) Ideally I want to find a decent one geared mostly towards stage use, so it doesn't have to sound good unplugged, but still needs to feel like a decent classical.

Also, Dave, if you see this, count me in on the solo CD. In fact, if its ready by then, I'd be happy to buy one from you at ProgPower. Tis the season to buy great music! Sorry to hear about your finger too. I know not being able to play guitar for an extended period of time would drive me nuts. Hope it heals quickly.

-Matt

Matt Lee said:
Hello, just got on the Ultimate Metal forums a few days ago and thought I'd say hey to anyone I may know here. Met Dave a few times at Prog Power (and hope to see him and any of the PoO guys who go this year), if he remembers me.

Anyway I also was wondering what kind of acoustic/electric classical Dave uses on stage. I've been thinking about getting one to put all my classical guitar schooling and otherwise annoying long fingernails to some good use (ie: play it with my metal band :D ) Ideally I want to find a decent one geared mostly towards stage use, so it doesn't have to sound good unplugged, but still needs to feel like a decent classical.

Also, Dave, if you see this, count me in on the solo CD. In fact, if its ready by then, I'd be happy to buy one from you at ProgPower. Tis the season to buy great music! Sorry to hear about your finger too. I know not being able to play guitar for an extended period of time would drive me nuts. Hope it heals quickly.

-Matt
Heya Matt!!!
Welcome to our forum, and yes I definitely remember you. :D Glad to have you around here!!!
As for my acoustic... I've been using a LaPatrie Concert Nylon Acoustic/Electric for several years now... they are Canadian made guitars, and I absolutely LOVE them... they have incredible tone plugged or unplugged, and have an awesome feel. I would HIGHLY recommend trying one out... I don't think I could ever use anything different...heheh :cool:
http://www.lasido.com/lapatriee.htm

As for te solo disc, very cool man, I'm glad you're interested in it.... either shoot me an e-mail, and I'll add you to the e-mail list, or just keep checking back here... as I posted on a previous post... I will be releasing a short run of the CD shortly.... since I am self financing this disc, I am only pressing an initial 100 CDs... then allowing all of the profits from these sales to finance the bigger pressing. So as soon as I have them ready I will let every know through mass e-mail as well as this forum.
As for ProgPower, sadly, this will be the first year that I will not attend the event. I hope you have a great time out there, and know that I'll miss hanging with all of you.
As for my finger, it's getting better every single day... not quite 100% just yet, but it's getting there. :Spin:
Once again, welcome!!! It's so good to see you here.

~D