Hey everyone, new drummer

HulkBlood01

Dec 6, 2002
IL
Visit site
Just swingin' by to say hello everyone. I guess I'm the new forum drummer! :cool: If anyone wants some drums recorded, just drop me a line! later guys

ac/dc, black sabbath, BLS, cannibal corpse, iron maiden, iced earth, metallica, megadeth, ozzy, the nuge, pantera, slayer, S.O.D., and Testament, just to name a few bands for ya..

Heya man...just realized I never said hi to you.

A new drummer is exactly what is needed to get things going around here again.

Hope you can keep up with the demands we make on your time! ;)

..looking forward to working with you. Can you give us some details on your kit and recording setup?

sure, no prob. My kit is a tama rockstar nine piece, and paiste cymbals. For recording, i stick a mic in each bass drum, and two overheads....from there into my behringer 8 track mixer, into my computer. The next part is weird...I use cakewalk for editing/mixing, but not for recording. Every time i hit the record button, the damned thing freezes. So i use a diff proggy for recording...but thats about it.

..so your entire kit is pre-mixed down into one track on your PC. Cool...thats what we are used to.

..although from a mixer point of view, it would be nice to have a seperate track for each drum head...but I understand that becomes expensive for you drummers.

i would love to have each drum separate after recording! You wouldn't believe how many times I've recorded a drum track, then after having guitars and bass layed down and barely hearing the bass drums on 16th note parts. Other times its been too loud. Its all about tweaking i guess :p