hey everyone!

great_kthulu

Greater Evil
Apr 27, 2009
check out my band, Barren Waste! I play all guitar in this project and was hoping to get some feedback from people, and I already asked Paul's permission and he said this was fine anyway, hears our last.fm page if you want to hear some tunes:
http://www.last.fm/music/Barren+Waste
and our facebook if you like what you hear:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Barren-Waste/181861925185535

So let me know what you guys think!

(also, any chance you guys need another opener on the upcoming tour? hehehe)

Hey dude i just listen to the 3 songs. I liked "Of flesh and decay" a lot more then the 2 others it had more of a melodic death feel and just solid all around. i'll be honest i find the guitars, bass and drums good but i cant stand the singing and i mean no disrespect but i feel it dosnt hold up with the rest. I'm not trying to dis anyone just my opinion. Anyways good job dude. What gear are you using?

Im using a Steinberger spirit GU-7 guitar with EMG select pup (which are crap and I plan to replace soon) running straight into a crate BV120 head with a marshal cab. Everything was recorded live. Also, on the vocals, no offense taken, everyone has their opinion. I should also note, you may not like his vocals, but max in an essential part of our song writing. He has a great ear and really made of flesh and decay what it is now.

There's just one thing id like to share and its only cause it helped me a lot in my singing is the dvd by Melissa Cross called The Zen of Screaming. I'm not saying this just cause i didnt like the singing but i do tel every friend who growls/scream to check it out. Its worth a look trust me. It can take anyone to the next level and at the end of the day its about the Metal!

actually, he has watched that DVD and found it very helpful, he just ordered the second one.

Sweet! Also now that i know it was recorded live its kind of changing my mind. We get so used to the growls and screams in the studio that sometimes live it sounds different. Even my idols dont always sound perfect live. And it aint always fair to judge on the first listen. I respect what you guys are doing.

we have just updated our facebook to include a band page with our revernation linked to it. We just put up the rough of our new EP, Divine Intervention. Unlike the previous recordings, this was done professionally. It was still done live, but the recording quality and overall performance are infinitely better.