Hey Glenn... what more can you tell us about the Jam?

Will the songs and original artists be included in the annual setlist thread? I know there are going to be some great songs that I'm not familiar with and it would be helpful to know which albums I should pick up.

My guess is that the cover songs will be well known and the song title combined with your friend Google you should be able to track everything down.

Sorry if this has already been asked 14 times, but has it been made known which vocalists are participating?

Sorry if this has already been asked 14 times, but has it been made known which vocalists are participating?

Unless I'm mistaken, all the vocalists from the festival, minus Tony of Sonata Arctica and the vocalist from Virgin Steele (Don't know the name), and plus Zak Stevens.

Oh, and many of us are expecting our fearless leader to join them onstage for Metal Margaritaville.

I'm starting to think that not only will Glenn actually get onstage to participate in the Jam, but he will in turn enlighten us with his cover version of "Hoogie Boogie Land!!!"

Its a shame Sonata can't be there, just read this on a different forum

Northern Kings - The All-Stars of Finnish Metal

Northern Kings - whose first single "We Don't Need Another Hero" (originally by Tina Turner) hits the stores on September 24 - can without a doubt be called an all-star line-up of Finnish metal.

The group is not an ordinary band, but a league of four vocalists, who are all frontmen of successful heavy metal bands. They wanted to create something special together and came up with an idea of arranging 80's classics to metal versions - to which all the four vocalists could contribute.

The tracks from the forthcoming album include legendary pieces such as "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew, "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, "Brothers In Arms" by Dire Straits and "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel.

Kakko and marco are 2 of the singers for this band

I, for one, definitely hope there are way more metal covers than otherwise. I'm not really interested in hearing songs that you can hear going to your nearest karaoke bar on any given night. Of course it's about having fun, but it's still a metal show first and foremost.

Jason

I'm not really interested in hearing songs that you can hear going to your nearest karaoke bar on any given night.

Yes a metal show first, but you wouldn't hear those "standard" karaoke songs sung in a metal styling or by metal vocalists as fine as the ones in the All-Star Jam at your local karaoke bar. If you get Ralf Scheepers, Floor Jansen, or Nils Rue at your local karaoke bar on a regular basis, I want to know when the next karaoke night is and what town that bar is in. o_O :headbang: :lol:

Yes a metal show first, but you wouldn't hear those "standard" karaoke songs sung in a metal styling or by metal vocalists as fine as the ones in the All-Star Jam at your local karaoke bar. If you get Ralf Scheepers, Floor Jansen, or Nils Rue at your local karaoke bar on a regular basis, I want to know when the next karaoke night is and what town that bar is in. o_O :headbang: :lol:

What she said!!! :headbang:

I think the setlist is metal enough for most people... and even if there were a few non-metal tunes... don't you think Pagan's Mind would be able to metalize them a little?:headbang:

Believe me I understand what you guys are saying, but I'd still rather hear those types of vocalists covering "Ride the Lightning" than I would "Margaritaville". That's not to say their "metallic" or even straightforward cover of "Margaritaville" wouldn't be fun, I'd just rather hear the other, no more, no less.

Just a matter of personal taste. :)

Jason