Hey Glenn... what more can you tell us about the Jam?

I'd just rather hear the other, no more, no less.

Completely understandable ... I just know that with the amount of talent that is going to be on that stage, they could do "Mary Had a Little Lamb," "Three Blind Mice," and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" :zombie: and I'd still walk away happy :D ... OK, well maybe I wouldn't be as happy as if they played some metal tunes, but it would still be entertaining ... and it's pretty funny to think about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Completely understandable ... I just know that with the amount of talent that is going to be on that stage, they could do "Mary Had a Little Lamb," "Three Blind Mice," and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and I'd still walk away happy ... OK, well maybe I wouldn't be as happy as if they played some metal tunes, but it would still be entertaining ... and it's pretty funny to think about.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. It'll be a blast no matter what happens - of that I have no doubt.

LOL - actually, Stryper did an excellent cover of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" back in like 1985.

Jason

2 hr set
22 songs
4 duets
We go out with one hell of a bang on the last song

Although I know all of the bands will kick some major booty, I'm truly looking forward to the All-Star Jam most of all. I love seeing bands of this caliber play covers. The few songs I know about -- if they're still being played -- are going to blow me away.

Glenn deserves major, major kudos for organizing this fest-closing gig. I think it's something we'll be talking about for years to come.

The only question I have is this: Glenn, how in the hell are you going to top this next year?!?!?!?!?

Bill

Yes a metal show first, but y+-------------------------*ou wouldn't hear those "standard" karaoke songs sung in a metal styling or by metal vocalists as fine as the ones in the All-Star Jam at your local karaoke bar. If you get Ralf Scheepers, Floor Jansen, or Nils Rue at your local karaoke bar on a regular basis, I want to know when the next karaoke night is and what town that bar is in. o_O :headbang: :lol:

Sure, we're all there at the show for the mmmmmmetal...... But let's face it, it'll be amazingly cool and fun to see what talented metal muzos do with material that might not be metal.

I coordinate the acoustic stage at Dragon*Con, and some of the best shows on it consist of 'harder' bands retooling and reworking their material for an acoustic setting. It's downright fun to have talented musicians thinking outside of their usual sphere for a while, and of course it's hella fun to watch!

"We Are the World"?

That is a great idea. Maybe it would be a little more well known than 'Stars' was. That was an awesome idea. But looking around several people had a look of confusion on their faces. Not to mention that some of the vocalist did not seem to know it very well. Still a great idea. Powergod did it on one of their albums with several guest vocalist.