Hey guys, I need a little advice...

Silent Spirit

Sup Dudes!
Dec 5, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
I was recommened Vintersorg by my cousin (who hasn't been wrong about a band yet!) and I was just wondering if you guys could tell me where to start? What's the best cd to get if I haven't heard anything yet?

Thanks!

You should start with "Visions from the spiral generator" ist a real challange, can take a while to dig into, but the album last a long time.

mr V

Hmm, I always prefer to start with a band's first album, then to their second, and up... So you get a view of what direction it all has went and so on, but that's up to each one. I agree though that you should hear those samples.

well since the latest and the first are quite different, i'd suggest you listen to one song
(or two :p) from "hedniskhjärtad" and one from "visions".
if you like hedniskhjärtad then start with that one and move forwards or if it's visions
that catches your ear then go from there and backwards, the previous album (cosmic genesis)
is kind of similar, at least compared with the earlier masterpieces.
cheers.

Buy all the masterpieces! They are all great, in their own way. Til Fjälls is maybe the most easy album to start with, or you can start in the other direction, with Visions...

well you got a recomendation from the great mr.V himself here.
VFTSG is the 1 that sound the most different , the 1st track of this
album right after the intro will obligate you to recon the genius of vintersorg.