Hey, Johnnie.....still stand by this prediction?

esloan

Jul 14, 2010
I was bored and reading some old threads here and came across this gem.

Here is Johnnie's prediction:

I do believe that the collections will sell fairly ok, but the new cd in this lineup won't sell ten copies more than WCFYA.

Still stand by that? I mean, Worship Music only sold 24,000-27,000 copies its first week, while WCFYA sold just under 10,000 copies its first week. :lol::lol:

You know what? You were right! It won't sell ten more copies than WCFYA, it will see 10,000 more copies than WCFYA.....at least.

Here is Johnnie's prediction:

Still stand by that? I mean, Worship Music only sold 24,000-27,000 copies its first week, while WCFYA sold just under 10,000 copies its first week. :lol::lol:

You know what? You were right! It won't sell ten more copies than WCFYA, it will see 10,000 more copies than WCFYA.....at least.

Worship Music selling 25k it's first week is like selling 100k of WCFYA 8 years ago. The fact it sold more thatn 2 times what WCFYA did 8 years ago must be a fairly successful first week for a metal band.

It is hard to believe bands used to sell 250k the first week like it was nothing. I still don't know how record labels are in business.

Worhip Music will probably land at about 15- 25 on the Billboard top 200 charts which is not bad at all for a metal band that hasn't released anything in 8 years!

Worship Music selling 25k it's first week is like selling 100k of WCFYA 8 years ago. The fact it sold more thatn 2 times what WCFYA did 8 years ago must be a fairly successful first week for a metal band.

It is hard to believe bands used to sell 250k the first week like it was nothing. I still don't know how record labels are in business.

Worhip Music will probably land at about 15- 25 on the Billboard top 200 charts which is not bad at all for a metal band that hasn't released anything in 8 years!

Yeah, its pretty impressive. Joey rescued this band from complete irrelevancy. Of course, it helps that Charlie and Scott wrote some pretty damn good tunes for this album, better than just about anything they wrote for the Bush albums. :lol:

I will say that Johnnie's quote above illustrates just how delusional some of these "Bush is the ONLY Anthrax singer!" people are. How you could look at Anthrax's history and believe that John is somehow more popular or just as popular as Joey is beyond me.

I understand if you prefer John singing for Anthrax, as that is a personal preference and an opinion but to try to make out like the Bush years were even in the same vicinity of the Joey years popularity-wise is beyond ludicrous.

Face it people, the vast majority of Anthrax fans are glad Joey is back. You may prefer Bush as the vocalist but you are in a very small minority.

i heard that Johnnie bought 1.000 copies of Vol.8 back in the day (he still has them in his basement:lol:) because he wanted it so badly to enter the charts.

I will say that Johnnie's quote above illustrates just how delusional some of these "Bush is the ONLY Anthrax singer!" people are. How you could look at Anthrax's history and believe that John is somehow more popular or just as popular as Joey is beyond me.
some people only see what they want to see.

I'll weigh in and say that if they had done a Joey CD in 2005 vs after the big 4 the numbers wouldn't have been the same. Now how much off would they be is speculation and a half. How many big 4 DVD's sold and how many people saw it in the theater live? They got a lot of exposure. I don't think anybody could argue that. Timing worked out well for them; big tour, new cd, and now they'll be doing their own tour.

Is Joey still with them? Or is he already solo selling his über popular solo albums?

T:)