Hey look what I got for Christmas.

Hey yea it does look quite nice with the compatible speaker cabinet and all, but it should be here in a week or so. That amp don’t fuck around and know what, you can switch a virtual power mode button to charge the tubes up at 25 watts in order to get them singing without breaking your windows and then of course lotts of watts to spare when needed.

MiniMurray said:
did you get it yet?

I wish... Nope, it only cost $19.00 dollars FedEx but the Head and accessories are on the way now, but not the cabinet, after I get it all rigged up, and get each channels dialed in I will apprise you of my opinion, but I know it’s going to be a killer set up, just a huge pain in the ass lugging it around, but that’s the price you gotta’ pay in order to get the good sound attributes.

I realize there are other smaller combos with some good sound; such as, Orange amps (which use the same tube config.), but for the all the features included for the money, you just can go wrong the JCM 2000. IMHO.

I want exactly that one :)
But I have to wait, because I am going to school, and don't have a job.
But one day! This summer (2005) I bought a Gibson Les Paul Alpine White, like the one Adrian Smith uses on the Rainmaker video

Iron_Beast said:
I want exactly that one :)
But I have to wait, because I am going to school, and don't have a job.
But one day! This summer (2005) I bought a Gibson Les Paul Alpine White, like the one Adrian Smith uses on the Rainmaker video

Gibson Les Paul Alpine White - sweeeeet!

I don't blame you for wanting the jcm, I know where you're comming from.

Well I got the half stack set up last weekend. It’s new world for, because all the notes ring and they’re crystal clear no matter how much distortion I use, and even standing in front the TV, the noise ain’t too noticeable. Even after switching down from 100 to 25 watt mode, I still can’t turn it much past two in the house because it’s too loud and my stereo just can’t compete. That said that even at volume level 2 the tone is full and robust, I can hear so much better now. Some things, are no harder or easer to play, but just are different and it’s nice to hear true notes; I noticed too that I can let the E ring open while playing partial chords under or other notes kina’ like counterpoint, but it don’t get muddy at all, just sounds like a guitar should sound. Yea I played it the other day for an hour and a half, and it just felt like 15 minutes.

Hey BichMaker - thanks man, it is beautiful…

Okay I got a question for you:

Where on the web can I order some .0012 uf Polyester capacitors, 63 volts and 13k resistors ¼ watt?

Radio shack don’t have the exact values or material so my bypass filter rolls off a bit too much right at the very end, so it’s kinda’ hard keep from turning it all the way off too soon; although, it’s much nicer than without one.

Here is a picture of the bypass filter, you probably know what those are, they retain the treble when you turn the volume down.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a28/RoboCaster/sheilding/?action=view&current=Bypass20filter.gif

Hey kids if you try this don’t get the resistor backwards, or your tone pot won’t work.

RoboCaster said:
Well I got the half stack set up last weekend. It’s new world for, because all the notes ring and they’re crystal clear no matter how much distortion I use, and even standing in front the TV, the noise ain’t too noticeable. Even after switching down from 100 to 25 watt mode, I still can’t turn it much past two in the house because it’s too loud and my stereo just can’t compete. That said that even at volume level 2 the tone is full and robust, I can hear so much better now. Some things, are no harder or easer to play, but just are different and it’s nice to hear true notes; I noticed too that I can let the E ring open while playing partial chords under or other notes kina’ like counterpoint, but it don’t get muddy at all, just sounds like a guitar should sound. Yea I played it the other day for an hour and a half, and it just felt like 15 minutes.

:headbang: nothing beats headroom :Spin: so hard to reproduce with a sim and no tubes. the phrase cleanliness is next to godliness comes to mind....congrats on the new gear - great way to start a new year \m/

nothing beats headroom

You said it Sarah. You have to give the speakers power to breathe.
I have an amp that can pump out 1600 watts. I usually run a single 2X10 but can add 3 more cabinets if I need to. Go ahead and crank your little guitar amp. I got earplugs and watts to thump you. :Spin: :loco:

Jim

scrap_030.jpg

spideyjg said:
You said it Sarah. You have to give the speakers power to breathe.
I have an amp that can pump out 1600 watts. I usually run a single 2X10 but can add 3 more cabinets if I need to. Go ahead and crank your little guitar amp. I got earplugs and watts to thump you. :Spin: :loco:

Jim

wow nice! now that's an amp!

Thanks Sarah.
I would run that set up alone over 2 guitars with 90 watt amps and a heavy handed drummer and was only using half power.

With this amp I could set up like my buddy Vinny does. He runs his Eden amp normally but for a big gig feeds the Eden out to the QSC and adds 3 more cabinets. :headbang:
can you hear me now?.....

Jim
dscf0045.jpg.w560h631.jpg

spideyjg said:
Thanks Sarah.
I would run that set up alone over 2 guitars with 90 watt amps and a heavy handed drummer and was only using half power.

With this amp I could set up like my buddy Vinny does. He runs his Eden amp normally but for a big gig feeds the Eden out to the QSC and adds 3 more cabinets. :headbang:
can you hear me now?.....

Jim
dscf0045.jpg.w560h631.jpg

Holy shit! I hope you remember to go to the bathroom before you turn the volume up on that. Could get messy...:oops: