Hey look what I got for Christmas.

Well that isn't my set up but my amp rack could run that kinda setup. Me likee power! :Spin: :D Currently I have a 2X10 and a 15 but want to add a 2X12 or a 4X10. Seriously though just the 2X10 given headroom of the 500 watt per channel QSC at 4 ohms covered the 2 guitars and drums.

Theory is bass needs 2-5 times the watts as the guitar players so using a PA amp with a bass pre is the way to go for ultra versatility. I had a 430 watt head but was getting drowned out due to no headroom. Now I got power to spare.

Vinny could cover anything with his!

I would love to play it though and yep a trip to the bathroom might be called for. :)
Vinny is a friend on a bass players forum and lives across the country but damn he has a rig don't he?

PS. power like this is only entrusted to bass players. :loco:

RoboCaster said:
Hey BichMaker - thanks man, it is beautiful…

Okay I got a question for you:

Where on the web can I order some .0012 uf Polyester capacitors, 63 volts and 13k resistors ¼ watt?

Radio shack don’t have the exact values or material so my bypass filter rolls off a bit too much right at the very end, so it’s kinda’ hard keep from turning it all the way off too soon; although, it’s much nicer than without one.

Here is a picture of the bypass filter, you probably know what those are, they retain the treble when you turn the volume down.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a28/RoboCaster/sheilding/?action=view&current=Bypass20filter.gif

Hey kids if you try this don’t get the resistor backwards, or your tone pot won’t work.

Try http://www.mouser.com/

I use em for work and have always found what I needed.

spideyjg said:
You said it Sarah. You have to give the speakers power to breathe.
I have an amp that can pump out 1600 watts. I usually run a single 2X10 but can add 3 more cabinets if I need to. Go ahead and crank your little guitar amp. I got earplugs and watts to thump you. :Spin: :loco:

That’s excessive use of force…

Reminds me of some nightmares I had being at a Rush concert, and bass was so big it would move me around on the floor.

That’s excessive use of force…

:Spin: With great power comes great responsibility. I don't use it all but I have it. :headbang:

Nothing is more dangerous to your speakers than clipping an amp. It will fry the voice coils in a blink.
It is safer to give clean power in excess than trying to push an amp to where the clip protection is going off.
I had a Peavey 450 watt bass amp that was not enough over the 2 guitar amps and the DDT protection kept engaging.

Jim

One thing I hate is voice coil distortion; you gotta' have equalizer, but that's why I need a half stack to have the headroom for crystal clear quality not for so much for the quantity.

Nice stuff guys!
Here is what I got........
50005%20Bag%20of%20Coal.jpg

MiniMurray said:
that tone bone is pretty big - hard to find the long ones. is there a case for it?

You know what, there is a gig bag for it, it's like $60.00 Canadian, but the board works good, cleans up the power wires, and the Velcro sticky is nice, you can turn it upside down and the pedals stick… Lots of room for a tuner pedal, distortion, and then the rest and the foot controller too. It really could use rubber weather stripping on the bottom front in order to make it slide resistant, but that’s easy to put on.