HEY MATT

Ok 2 but Diabolus gets the worst as there is only one listenable song and that is stain of mind

WPB has 2 songs were are passable, that's again, my opinion

diabolus is the first slayer album i heard, it got me into them, it has a special place for me. i love the atmosphere of it and the lyrics are seriously twisted. love it.

christ illusion and world painted blood are far more shit than diabolus.

Ahhh but in saying that, wouldn't you agree that you'd hol a slightly more bias opinion since it was the album that got you into that band?

I have to say though, the intro to SCreaming from the Sky is pretty good.

maybe, but if i did try and look objectively, diabolus has for more going for it than them latest ones. actual songs for a start and tom isn't just screaming at exactly the same pitch all the way through it....

it actually has a personality, a lot of people don't like that personality because it's pretty dark and twisted and not just the obvious "fucking slayeeeeerrrrr" type thing, but i happen to enjoy it, unlike the last two which have absolutely no character at all.

You're probably the first person I've spoken to who likes DIM, who isn't one of those neanderthal Slayer fanboys. I'll agree with the part about the tom though :lol:

I just found it to be a massive dropoff from Divine Intervention, which in turn I didn't like as much as Seasons in the Abyss. It just seemed like Slayer were trying to keep up with the nu metal crowd to me, amaybe I just need to listen to it again. The phrase 'It has personality' has intrigued me. Just keep World Painted Shite away from me.

EDIT: I do seem to remember enjoying the two japanese bonus tracks far more than most of DIM itself.

While I respect the opinion of others, I am a true neanderthal Slayer fanboy if thats what you wish to call me, I would rather say that I am a loyal fan that dosen't always worship the ground they walk on, (Why should I, they are no' better than me or above me).

When I first heard DIM, the sense of disapointment is indescribable, I couldn't believe it what I was hearing, if memory serves, KK said he was influenced by Slipknot at the time which is why he wrote this album, there was no natural progression from Devine Intervention, it just went off the scale and it was just completely bewildering of what Slayer was doing at the time, if you notice since then, Slayer very rarely now ever play anything from DIM, I think they acknowledge that this album was a huge mistake.

For people like Matt and others that 1st heard Slayer from this album, it's no bad thing, but for those that were into Slayer 8-10 years earlier would be dismissive of DIM, for me it was a gamble that didn't pay off, move on and learn from it,

Funniest thing is though, I like Christ Illusions, I felt it had the anger that summed up what I was feeling at the time and songs like jihad, flesh storm & cult, showed Slayer as the intense thought provoking angry band that I remembered from the 80's, admittedly it doesn't have the same high standards and impact as RIB to Divine Intervention (This is always to me Slayer's greatest period) but it is far more listenable than DIM and each track is different from the last one, but with WPB, ach ye ken mah thoughts oan that one, I have always said they should do one last album and that's it, CI should have been the last album, there is nothing wrong will a band wanting just to tour, I would be happy to pay money to watch them live but please don't ruin a good discography but recording another bad album like DIM and sadly they did, with WPB.