Hey rockers! Tell me what distortion pedal you use!

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Using my ODB-3 Boss Bass Overdrive in a band situation is like having sex with a dead jackrabbit, only with lower taxes and a lot more itching.

So I need a new one! Give me your sage advice!

DOD FX-86B Death Metal Distortion :cool:

These days I mainly think distortion pedals are pretty gay. I'll take decent amp distortion any day of the week, but bass is a bit different I guess because lots of bass amps don't really let you go into nuclear devastrukktion mode re: distortion

There's no question that tube distortion = teh best, but I tried to add mega volume to my preamp (single 12AX7) and the fucker was hesitant to overdrive. Plus switching back and forth in the middle of a song with an über volume pedal would wreak havoc on many an eardrum.

Mormagil, either huck it at a car or sell it for chump change. It's beat up but still works, just ain't workin' out tone / volume wise in my band. I'd let it go for pretty cheap.

Consider the Womanizer or Demonizer:

http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/

Tube-driven distortion pedals/preamps with 2 12AX7's (I think) which have gotten ace reviews and also come with a direct recordin' jack with cab sim if you wanna record demos at home. Made for guitars really, but you know.

Erik those look as cool as they do expensive, but yeah will check them out. The pricey one I want is a Fulltone Bass Overdrive, but the sumbitches go for almost $200 and that's like, a lot of duckets.

Mormaganil, god damn if you Gaypal'd me $25 I'd totally ship it to you. It is obviously used, I've had it for many years, but it still works fine. Or if you want to drive 3 hours and spend $1,800 on gas I'd sell it for $20 in person. :dopey:

Oh yeah if you want to hear how the hell it sounds, these shitz were recorded about 3 months ago using it: http://www.myspace.com/11239563

Erik said:
DOD FX-86B Death Metal Distortion :cool:

These days I mainly think distortion pedals are pretty gay. I'll take decent amp distortion any day of the week, but bass is a bit different I guess because lots of bass amps don't really let you go into nuclear devastrukktion mode re: distortion

the word apropos is better than re:, fyi

Well I just got outbid on a stupid Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, idiots are selling these things used for $60 when you can get them brand new from McSpank's Mu-sick Shoppe for $40.

I used a Fabtone a long time ago, I remember it being cool but not chunky. ME BASS NEED CHUNKY.

One Inch Man said:
I used a Fabtone a long time ago, I remember it being cool but not chunky. ME BASS NEED CHUNKY.

the chunk is there, however there is only a tiny notch of an area on the tone knob where this comes through, the rest of the time its horrid tinny trebleness.

also of course using an EQ pedal does wonders

OMFG I found exactly what I want. Probably should play one before shelling out $280 but GOD DAMN. This thing looks incredible:

detail_phatbass.jpg

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES