Hey Siberians

i've heard of them. they sound like nazis. i disagree with nazis alot. i try not to support their cause.

i understand that the name could be just for shock value. is it? i don't know if they're still going.

i'm interested in the siberian scene, though.

hmmm... I am not sure, I guess it was Murmansk then... And they used that name for the schock I think. I cannot imagine that someone in russia can be NS. After all many dudes died in the WW II from the russian side. Prolly more evil name would be Stalin becouse he killed more people than Hitler even

Hello Ro. What can you tell us about the Siberian scene? What are the concerts like in Barnaul? Do you drive out of town to see shows? If so, to what towns and what are those shows like?

well what can I say, the scene is not big. In Barnaul we have 2 good bands - Murder Delirium (death metal, the band recorded one album and actually is not active at the moment) and Dryados (symphoblack metal, one demo and one LP - it will be released soon). In Novosibirsk there also several bands but I don't like them. The gigs are rare thing in our town. Sometimes we go to Novosibirsk on a gig or their metalheads visit us. Usually there are 3-4 bands on the gig. Several times we had some kind of fests. Last autumn there was a concert of Pungent Stench, also Behemoth planned to visit us but the tour was cancelled.
metu said:
Hello Ro. What can you tell us about the Siberian scene? What are the concerts like in Barnaul? Do you drive out of town to see shows? If so, to what towns and what are those shows like?

What kind of lyrics does Dryados have? What sort of studio are they using? Are they working on, or do they have, a website? Why is Murder Delerium not active right now? Do you expect them to start up again? Do either of these bands use any traditional Central Asian, Chinese and/or Slavic Russian musical themes?

Do Barnaul bands ever play gigs in Kazakhstan? Do any bands from Kazakhstan come to play in Barnaul and/or Novosibirsk?

What are the places like in Barnaul for shows? Do the local fans show loyal support and show up for every show they can? How are they similar to and different from venues and fans in Novosibirsk? I've read that Novosibirsk is a college town. Does the scene reflect this?

Are these festivals held outside?

Did many people show up for Pungent Stench, considering the size of the scene? Did they also play Novosibirsk? That's really cool that they played there. Do you think they'll come back?

What other cities, towns or villages in the general Siberian region have any general metal action?

Holy bombardment of questions, Batman! I hope you don't mind. :]

metu said:
What kind of lyrics does Dryados have? What sort of studio are they using? Are they working on, or do they have, a website? Why is Murder Delerium not active right now? Do you expect them to start up again? Do either of these bands use any traditional Central Asian, Chinese and/or Slavic Russian musical themes?
The lyrics are in English. Some of them are written by the bandmembers and some by their American friend. You can see review here http://musica.mustdie.ru/en/band/dryados/8107/#reviews
The cd will be released soon. I do not recommend you to listen to their older material 'cause of its awful record quality.
Murder Delirium's members started a new project, but it's not death metal any more. None of the bands use traditional themes i supose.

metu said:
Do Barnaul bands ever play gigs in Kazakhstan? Do any bands from Kazakhstan come to play in Barnaul and/or Novosibirsk?
no, because of different reasons - borders between states and expensive transport

metu said:
What are the places like in Barnaul for shows? Do the local fans show loyal support and show up for every show they can? How are they similar to and different from venues and fans in Novosibirsk? I've read that Novosibirsk is a college town. Does the scene reflect this?

There are several clubs for shows (for 200-350 persons). People try to visit every show. I can't tell you much about Novosibirsk, I don't go there often.
A big amount of colleges and Univercities don't influence on metal scene at all.

metu said:
Are these festivals held outside?
no, inside. but in summer we have a bike show on the river but there no metal bands there - only rock\punk\hardcore

metu said:
Did many people show up for Pungent Stench, considering the size of the scene? Did they also play Novosibirsk? That's really cool that they played there. Do you think they'll come back?
the club wasn't filled - only 200 persons were there. no they were in Tomsk and Barnaul and also in central Russia - this was called The Gulag Tour

metu said:
What other cities, towns or villages in the general Siberian region have any general metal action?
Tomsk, Irkutsk

metu said:
Holy bombardment of questions, Batman! I hope you don't mind. :]
you are welcome !

I was in Siberia ! Omsk Rock City ! A Land Of Opportunities and Dancing Bears !
I can post some bands photos if you want...