Hey software guys!!!

Yo,

I recently purchased music studio 7, basically because I know nothing about midi and digital recording/mixing. I'm not sure what I think of it so far. Does anyone know of a user friendlier more basic program besides like cake walk and shit that would be good for a beginner to learn the ropes?

I like cool edit pro 2 it can be straight forward or it can do some amazing shit if you want it to. I also have cubase SX and stuff like that I find it is ok to use but I have played around with it for a while. Cool edit is definitely the easier one to use out of the 2

I have a problem with cool edit myself, and thats why i stick to cakewalk (i do all my mixing still in cool edit though, great mixing utility i just find it terrible for recording). The problem is that cool edit is really hardware intensive so once you get to the 8 or 9th track things start lagging. Yes i realize 4 guitar tracks can be overkill, but im an asshole like that. Reason is not a bad program either, if you can find that id reccomend that too.

Live Rounds said:
Yo,

I recently purchased music studio 7, basically because I know nothing about midi and digital recording/mixing. I'm not sure what I think of it so far. Does anyone know of a user friendlier more basic program besides like cake walk and shit that would be good for a beginner to learn the ropes?

I got Cool Edit Pro 2 a few weeks ago. I'm quite new to multitracking but I find it very useful. The biggest gripe I have so far is the unsophisticated metronome. It's programmable, but it stays in one time signature for the whole performance. A computer program should be able to cope with the idea of switching to 3/4 time at such-and-such a bar, but so far, not a trace of it.

Live Rounds said:
Yo,

Dunno what music studio 7 is. Have you tried the cakewalk tutorials? They're quite eductational. I learned most neccessary stuff that way.

Live Rounds said:
Yo,

Just because you got Music Studio 7 and cant work it dont hate the Cakewalk product or disregard it. You are either just lazy and dont spend enough time on it or dont know what the hell your doing. I would suggest for you to get Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro (even if not recording guitar it records all) Then if you still have problems. Your fuckin stupid.