Hey, Steve, I was thinking about doing something for school...

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
Long story short, I'm in all the music courses I can take at school (I'm a senior in high school, just about to graduate). Concert band, jazz band, choir, orchestra - I'm very fluent in music; I can play several instruments and in my spare time I do a lot of composing.

That said, I've always wanted to write or arrange a piece of music for the concert band before I'm done with school. I was looking through some pieces and I was thinking either The Army of the White Mountains by Fairyland... or Ascension, by none other than Power Quest! It's two minutes, a perfect way to introduce the band's other songs at the last concert of the year... and, well, it's just an amazing, catchy piece.

I'm still debating whether or not to do it, but since it's only two minutes, it would take much less work than Army of the White Mountains, which is three times as long. Just wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind me doing such a thing. I doubt a high school in the middle of the USA could hurt you guys at all, but I feel it's best to ask you first. :lol:

Thanks! I showed the band director today, and she loved it. :lol: We'll see how this goes!