Hey there.

M

MetalRider

Hello. I belong to another Metal ezboard, and just recently found your site. Thought I'd pop in. My name is Steve, I'm 42, and live in Oklahoma City. AS the screen name implies, I ride a bike ('96 Honda Gold Wing) and usually have metal blasting from it's speakers. I only "discovered" Saxon in about the last year and a half, due to Oklahoma not exactly being a hotbed of good rock and metal radio. The only Saxon I have so far is Metalhead and The Eagle Has Landed Pt. II. Looking for more, but they are hard to find around here, and most record stores don't even have a "divider" with Saxon's name on it in their racks. Forever Free, Princess Of The Night, Metalhead, and Wheels Of Steel are some of my favorites so far.
If any of you would be interested in checking out the site I belong to, let me know. Since my site takes a dim view to spamming, I won't do any here. I do plan on posting here some, but I post heavily at my other board, so my posting here may be sparse. I hope to get to know you!

Hello, I am about the same age as you. Not into Bikes but in August 99 I was in Kelso in the Scottish Borders for an event, nothing to do with Music. At the same time there was a mass 'rally', 'meeting, of the Honda Gold Wing Society, There were people and bikes from all over the world, thousands of them. As I said not into Bikes but this gathering was impressive. You will be able to order Saxon CDs from the internet if you cannot get them in Oklahoma.

Hello Zandro1008! Nice to meet you. I never have been to mass rallies like that. I use riding as sort of a pressure valve, and usually prefer to ride with just the wife behind me and open road in front. Forever Free and Motorcycle Man hit a sympathetic chord with me. Do they have any other songs that are motorcycle themed?
I am probably going to have to break down and order Saxon's CDs on the 'net, but I try to buy locally whenever possible and save the shipping.
I do have another question for you and/or anybody else here. Would any of you happen to know if there is any kind of story behind Saxon's song 747 (Strangers In The Night) sort of like there being a story behind Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water? I had previously e-mailed this site and Wouter answered that he didn't think so, but I thought I would ask anyway. I do have one other Saxon CD (Saxon: A Collection Of Metal) but I noticed the band does not list it in their discography. That's where I heard 747 and got curious about the origin of the song.

Hello MetalRider, I have to say I thought 747 was based on something but I cannot make the connection in my brain. Strong Arm of the Law was based on a true experience as was And the Bands Played On, this was about the Monsters of Rock Festival at Castle Donnington in England. What we need is a way of asking the band questions and them replying to us all through the website. Get the CDs you will not regret it!

Hello again. Found the time to pop in again. Hope everybody is well.
Would there be any rumors about a release date for the new Saxon as yet? I have been stocking up on a bunch of other groups, and am eagerly anticipating another Saxon CD.