Hey TL any hints for the opening act?

Pascal79

Jun 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'm glad to hear that Testament with be hitting the road in June/July with Halford. Hopefully this tour will hit the east coast and it will be more organized than the Metal Gods Tour because most confirmed shows had only three weeks notice which doesn't draw a huge crowd to the shows. My gut feeling tells me that it will be Jag Panzer or Death Angel as the opening act. Any thoughts or hints? I'd like to see Iced Earth open up but they're too well known to be playing as a special guest and they would be better off as co-headliner. I'd love to see Overkill but I don't think they can settle either for an opener since they've been around for a long time and deserve more respect. In Flames and Soilwork are both touring together in the summer so neither will be possible. Let me know if you got any insiders yet on who might be considered? Keep thrashin!!

Pascal79 said:
I'm glad to hear that Testament with be hitting the road in June/July with Halford. Hopefully this tour will hit the east coast and it will be more organized than the Metal Gods Tour because most confirmed shows had only three weeks notice which doesn't draw a huge crowd to the shows. My gut feeling tells me that it will be Jag Panzer or Death Angel as the opening act. Any thoughts or hints? I'd like to see Iced Earth open up but they're too well known to be playing as a special guest and they would be better off as co-headliner. I'd love to see Overkill but I don't think they can settle either for an opener since they've been around for a long time and deserve more respect. In Flames and Soilwork are both touring together in the summer so neither will be possible. Let me know if you got any insiders yet on who might be considered? Keep thrashin!!

Well, I don't know, but it won't be Death Angel..sorry to bring peoples hopes down. I know because another Thrash band is touring with Death Angel after they get done with the tour they are doing now..ANTHRAX!

Please GOD not Jag Panzer...ewwwww! (please refer to the power metal rules, and put Jag Panzer in the place of Man suck ass-O-War) I saw them Open for Iced Earth and In Flames...and I tell ya...I've never seen soooo may guys in white blousy shirts in one place..
err.gif
<---this was me...am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing????

Deadly Embrace said:
I'd say let Opeth open & play a 20 minute set, then I could check them out..........:Smug:

Great idea DE...a whoppin 2 songs! You'd get too bored anyway...the attention span thing...

Oh yea...and....STOP IT!!!!!

The Omnipotent Bob said:
walt, letting opeth play a 20 min set is only 1.5 - 2 songs. They need at least an hour. !!:headbang:
I was hoping it was only one song, your right give them 15 minutes.........:Spin:
I was talking to a friend last night from San Diego(area) & she said she found herself falling asleep during their set, & left early......

^ she must have meant lacuna coil.

I like their first 2 albums, but their set list and live show left something to be desired. I bailed up stairs to the bar after 3 songs.

Opeth tore the place apart.

Damn, I wish Darkane could come to the US and tour with Testament :erk: oh well, I hope they'll have a good opening band on the tour.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Damn, I wish Darkane could come to the US and tour with Testament :erk: oh well, I hope they'll have a good opening band on the tour.

Darkane was one of the best bands on the No Mercy Tour, & did not deserve the opening slot, I was really impressed with them live......they would be a perfect act to have on a Testament Tour & I've mentioned it the band lots....:Spin: