Hey U.S. Thraxers - where's some concert reports??

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
There haven't been a lot of reports/reviews posted on this board about the concerts Anthrax are playing on this tour.

Either that or I'm just blind...... can you people who are going to shows please post some info about set lists / crowd sizes / venues etc.

Anything really would be cool, as I'm not holding out much hope for a tour down here in Oz right now.

Cheers.

timmyc said:
There haven't been a lot of reports/reviews posted on this board about the concerts Anthrax are playing on this tour.

Either that or I'm just blind...... can you people who are going to shows please post some info about set lists / crowd sizes / venues etc.

Anything really would be cool, as I'm not holding out much hope for a tour down here in Oz right now.

Cheers.
I've seen 2 reviews of the San Diego shows. I would give you a review of the Anahiem HOB show but my wife got us thrown out during the 4th song from Anthrax.
Sorry I can't help. :erk:

I'm at work so I have to make this brief. E Town Concrete and Lamb of God were splendidly mediocre. Most people didn't even show up until E-Town was done with their set.

Anthrax played for about an hour and a half, and they kicked ass as usual. They blew the roof off the place with their second encore tune, a little tune called "Number Of The Beast." The place went apeshit.

More later if I have time.

Rich

DarbysDad said:
I've seen 2 reviews of the San Diego shows. I would give you a review of the Anahiem HOB show but my wife got us thrown out during the 4th song from Anthrax.
Sorry I can't help. :erk:
What the fuck did she do to get you thrown out?

coop said:
They blew the roof off the place with their second encore tune, a little tune called "Number Of The Beast." The place went apeshit.

No fuckin' way! Really? That would be awesome to see them do that. Hope they play it in Madison.

Scott

I'm gonna be at the show on Friday. It's gonna rock hard. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Lamb of God live. They're pretty brutal. Is Cast The Stone any good?

What set does Anthrax play.

Btw... This will be my first Anthrax show! \m/

prime666 said:
What the fuck did she do to get you thrown out?
She got really smashed. First they cut her off and I thought okay we're cool then she could barely stand and started bugging people next to us by grabbing them and throwing ice. I was like fuck please just watch the show but no. Security booted us then she wouldn't stop outside. I was trying to carry her to the car and she went off on me again and grabbed a door and wouldn't let go. If the Anaheim PD didn't work with me we'd have spent the night in the can. :yell:

timmyc said:
Thanks ppl - keep the stories coming !!!

Here are some more my mate down under. Hearing rumors of Anthrax opening for Maiden so you might get to see them in 04. Cross your fingers mate.

Ok here are some reports. Canes in San Diego Opening night.

Show rocked. Cains is a small club and I cant give you fair numbers, but I would say 600+ people there. They place went off when Anthrax came out. It was so fucken good. They played so hard. Scott was his ususl crazy as hell, Charlie was on fire. Set consisted of these songs (in no particular order)---------------

What doesn't die
black dahlia
got the time
caught in a mosh
safe home
madhouse
inside out
antisocial
black lodge
fueled
NFL
Only

Got to hang out with Charlie for a while after the show, as I had some toys I picked up.

Went to the Ventura show the next weekend. Did basically the same set. It was really good> I really started to like Lamb of God who opened for them.

Aneheims show went off. The House of Blues was a nice club to see a band. Perfect foucken sound. Basically the same songs but they added Black Delilh and Bring the Noise, and closed the night out with Number of the Beast. The crowd went apeshit. Hope that helps out mate. CHEERS

I was there @ HOB in Anaheim (dude, that was you w/ your wife? Damn even my wife was like what the Fuck?).

Anyways, they didn't close the night w/ Number Of the Beast. They just started playing it. And yes the crowd - As I - went APESHIT!!! But during the solo, Rob didn't know it and they just stopped for a second. Charlie then counted it off and they just played the ending of the song. Rob was so fkn embarrased. But it was cool, though.

BTW, Refuse to be Denied (w/ everyone screaming) was fkn HUGE. As was my fav song of the nite - Be All, End All. GOD does Bush Rule on that song. The crowd went very APESHIT on it and the crowd sang along on the chorus part. Very fkn cool.

Also guess who I ran into. Mr. FKN BAG!!!! (Thanks bro, will tt you again via e-mail). Justin he still looks the same. And the backstage pass was killer. It's a Lord of the Rings style lettering that says Lord of the Riffs on one side, and the Not Man having a hood and cloak on the back. Very fkn cool.

That's all for now. Lates!!!

Over, Finished, Gone, Done, Out -- See Ya!!!

anthraxgod

anthraxgod said:
I was there @ HOB in Anaheim (dude, that was you w/ your wife? Damn even my wife was like what the Fuck?).

Anyways, they didn't close the night w/ Number Of the Beast. They just started playing it. And yes the crowd - As I - went APESHIT!!! But during the solo, Rob didn't know it and they just stopped for a second. Charlie then counted it off and they just played the ending of the song. Rob was so fkn embarrased. But it was cool, though.

BTW, Refuse to be Denied (w/ everyone screaming) was fkn HUGE. As was my fav song of the nite - Be All, End All. GOD does Bush Rule on that song. The crowd went very APESHIT on it and the crowd sang along on the chorus part. Very fkn cool.

Also guess who I ran into. Mr. FKN BAG!!!! (Thanks bro, will tt you again via e-mail). Justin he still looks the same. And the backstage pass was killer. It's a Lord of the Rings style lettering that says Lord of the Riffs on one side, and the Not Man having a hood and cloak on the back. Very fkn cool.

That's all for now. Lates!!!

Over, Finished, Gone, Done, Out -- See Ya!!!

anthraxgod
Yeah man.
Sometimes bad days don't mix with the booze. I just hope to see them in the fall, maybe supporting Maiden or something. Hoping and praying.

Hey Folks,

Whats up? Well, I've been so fucking busy lately that I don't even know where to start. First off, some of you may have been aware of my current job status as my old job ended. Well, I finally got the job I wanted as a Team Leader at AOL. Finally, moving up in the world, but the best thing about it is, my boss told me he picked me for supervisor the day of the Anthrax SHOW! It was honestly one of those days that is so good, you don't even know what to think! I think the day actually meant more to me a couple of days after(if that makes sense). So, I go to work that morning, and find out I'm hired. I went through a bunch of training for the day(and I had to stay longer than the norm ofcourse), the price of being promoted. I get home about 6:30, which I wasn't worried since my wife and I planned on missing "E-Concrete town", and we didn't go until about 8:30(which the concert was suppose to start at 7pm). Ofcourse, right when me and my wife were walking into the DV8 club, I hear "Were E-Concrete Town, and were going to kick your ass Salt Lake City". My wife and I headed right to the bar ofcourse, but I must say in "E-Concrete Town's" defense, they weren't that bad. By the time "Lamb of God" came on, I was wasted(too much beer too fast), haven't done that since I was about 16:Spin:.

Lamb of God was pretty dam good, very heavy, very good to hear while drunk!

By the time Anthrax came on, my wife and I were all screams(so was the whole club). I think there couldn't have been more than about a couple of hundred people there, but I truly believe Anthrax enjoyed themselves, and the Crowd was way into it!

My wife and I sat next to a gentleman who was 35 in age, and he was one of the nicest dudes I've meet in along time! He was really amazed that I actually knew where John Bush came from before Anthrax(which this same conversation was repeated with about ten other guys and gals during the night!). My only point folks, is that it was great to be at a show where almost everyone there was a REAL FAN! Only the Anthrax faithful were present, and Scott even said in between one of the songs "Thanks guys for making it worth the while to come and play for you again, you guys are awesome!"

I do apologize folks for I was so wasted, I can't remember the song order, but I can remember the songs that Anthrax actually played!

1-What doesn't die
2-Got the time
3-Fueled
4-Safe Home
5-Antisocial
6-Metal Thrashing mad
7-NFL
8-Indians
9-Only
10-Black Lodge
11-Be All end All

All in all, Anthrax sounded great! There was a magic in the air about that show that I can't even describe! It seemed that everybody there was really nice(crowd I mean), and everybody just wanted to have fun, which did happen!

My wife and I also had a railing seat that was right above the stage, and we had a great view of the entire band, infact I could see the part in Frankies hair is how close we were. You don't really know how powerful John Bush is until you hear him live!

As Anthrax left the stage my wife and I were yelling "We love you John", "We love you Frankie", We love you Scott", "We love you Charlie" "We love you Rob".

Kinda corny I know(I blame the drunkeness), but you know what! As they all walked off the stage, my wife and I made all contact with all of them and they all gave us the horns and raised fists!

What a concert! What a day!

Cheerz!

AugDawg