Go Opeth!!

band2.gif
band1.gif
band4.gif
band1.gif

:D

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Are those cymbals or UFOS?

I think the top one is a cymbal, but now that you mention it, the bottom one looks a tad bit awkward :confused:....

This is gay. Death has done way more for death metal than Opeth ever will. I listen to Opeth all the time but as far as the all around better group, its Death. HUh, ask Opeth if you don't believe me. They know where the respect belongs.

Seems that Opeth is widening the lead. It over 30 votes now. Next round Opeth will be against Morbid Angel. Won't be easy either, but I think we can handle it again.

I just wonder what Åkerfeldt might think of this. Two of his influences beaten by his band. Whoops, seems that I'm going a bit ahead. :D

You know what pisses me off? :mad:
Slayer beat The Haunted. Slayer sucks, those motherfucking posers.
Im also disappointed that Testament beat Sepultura. In my opinion, Sepultura is better than Testament any day. I mean just look Chaos AD and Beneath the Remains. Fuckin kicks Testament's ass. :heh:

Just look at Roots and Against. Loses to every single Testament album by a mile. By several hundred miles to most. And Demonic and The Gathering beats the crap out of every Sepultura album.

And Slayer, while releasing four crap or closetocrap albums in the last ten years, did five great and very influential thrash records in the 80's (well, SitA came out in 1990) while The Haunted has only done two records and those were done during the past couple of years

hey mac, i was comparing sepul to testament. lots of bands are better than sepul, but its just my opinion that sepultura should have won that round. :D

Roots sucked - Max Cavalera was heading towards the fuckin Mall Metal category. Good thing he was replaced.

Against was horrible - most likely due to a completely different addition in style from Derrick Green.

Nation aint that great, but its better than Against. Sepultura may soon be a good band once again... :err:

I was the 800th vote for OPETH. I am also a DEATH fan and actually they were the first extreme metal band I had ever heard.However opeth are in my opinion better and are easily my favorite band. I would have to say that as far as influence goes death would be more influential but that is because they have been around quite a bit longer. No disrespect to death though and I hope chuck gets better soon because death is the one band I have never seen live and would LOVE to!

Originally posted by MacMoney
Brujerismo:

Ehh... I take it that you don't know Testament at all! The Gathering and Demonic are their albums, not different bands.

Um, yeah i know those are their albums. Read my post again. I was just stating that lots of bands are better than sepultura. :rolleyes: :) :loco:

Sepultura became terrible after ARISE.

ARISE is an amazing album, totally awesome. But anything after that is bullshit.

Hardcore bullshit.

Originally posted by Brujerismo

Um, yeah i know those are their albums. Read my post again. I was just stating that lots of bands are better than sepultura.

Uhh... I apologize about my mistake then.

I just thought that when I said that The Gathering and Demonic are better than anything ny Sepultura you thought I was talking about bands named like that. Stupid me.