Hi all

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Hello to anyone who's bothered to come in here and take a look.

If you don't know much about the label, here goes:

- Elitist is an inprint label of Earache Records. The A&R is handled solely by me (Lee) without any interference from Earache. I sign the bands, I work out the deals and once the bands are signed the manufacturing, marketing, press and distribution are handled by Earache.

- We've signed four bands so far: Ephel Duath, Rakoth, Without Face and Forest Stream. There's two more bands just around the corner, plus we've also made provisional offers to another two bands.

- There's only been one release so far, which is Ephel Duath's "Rephormula", an enhanced version (new art and bonus tracks) of the "Phormula" CD put out by Code666 records of Italy. We did this for a couple of reasons. Mainly to get the band a better foundation with which to base their new album, but also because the album is fucking fantastic and was roundly ignored the first time around!

- The next releases will be in May / June (still to be confirmed). they will be the brand new album from Without Face called "Astronomicon", and also a re-issue of Rakoth's fantastic debut album "Planeshift". The Rakoth album will feature brand new art, full remastering by Tim Turan (who's worked with Emperor and Opeth in the past) and the first 3000 copies will be in digipac.

If anyone has any questions then please fire away.

Cheers

Lee

Hmmm, Lee, why the re-issue of "Planeshift"? I thought the new album should be ready by that time.

It's more to do with the band's profile than anything else, with the additional factor that Planeshift is quite simply one of my favorite albums. There will also be a fairly sensible gap between the releases. I shouldn't imagine that the new album will be with us much before September.

Rakoth are still a rather unknown quantity, particularly in the US where their albums have only had the most minimum of distribution. We feel that by releasing Planeshift a few months before the brand new album it may open a few more eyes to the band and generate more interest as a whole.

It will also mark the debut collaboration between Elitist and Soyuz Records, one of Russia's biggest labels, who will licence all our releases for that territory. They were particularly interested in working with us since we have two (and soon to be three) Russian bands on our books.

BTW, check out the interview with Rustam, just use the link below.

Cool. I hadn't seen that Ephel Duath interview before either. Nice site, too.

On a different note, I'm discussing with Rustam the possibilities of touring. He's up for it, and there's a couple of tours coming up in late summer that would suit them down to the ground, but their lack of a drummer is a stumbling block at the moment. There's also the problems faced with being a Russian band playing in western europe. You virtually need a permit to fart...

Lee

Originally posted by Lee_B

Cool. I hadn't seen that Ephel Duath interview before either. Nice site, too. Lee

Thanks a lot about the site. The interviews have been up for a while now. I am sure this is not the last time you will see Rakoth and other Elitist Artists on Deadtide.

On a different note, I'm discussing with Rustam the possibilities of touring. He's up for it, and there's a couple of tours coming up in late summer that would suit them down to the ground, but their lack of a drummer is a stumbling block at the moment. There's also the problems faced with being a Russian band playing in western europe. You virtually need a permit to fart...

Wow, that would be fantastic! I would def. spend some money to see Rakoth live. Just make sure they play somwhere in Florida:)

Originally posted by Lee_B

Get Rakoth to Norway! >:eek:) Hehe....

Ray is a little shy, and hasn't quite dared to venture into the world of UltimateMetal boards yet :D
This is M (Mikael) of Lunaris. Thanks for comment, glad you like the music :)

The website is unfortunatly ridiculously out of date as info goes. We are currently working on an entirely new design, which should be up in the next couple of weeks..... hopefully.

congrats again on the Elitist site!