Hi! Choose & rate

cococo

Dec 22, 2008
Hi, everyone, I'm new in this forum, I'm Coco, from argentina and I'm a keyboard player mostly in the 70's style of Deep Purple & John Lord.

Since a couple of year I'm playing the guitar; I have learned a lot about sound through the tips in the posts in this forum. Thanks to every one of you who take the time to do it.

Well, now I'm searching for a guitar sound to record with my band in my little homestudio, so I'm experimenting with reaper and a couple of plugs. Please if you can, I ask you to choose between two files with diferent guitar sounds I posted, an also if you can and rate them. Its a simple guitar riff recording and a battery rhythm as a guide:

http://rapidshare.com/files/213455509/TEST_02.rar

I used GTR3/revalver(the demo, I'm considering buying it!), boogex, waves c4 and Waves Req

Any advice is welcome

Thanks in advance!

Coco :headbang:

Hola Coco, definitivamente prefiero el track B, tiene el cuerpo que le falta al A, que suena como la capa superior sin el Low End. Las 2 muestras suenan sinteticas, se nota que son producto de plugins, pero considerando el estilo que piensas grabar, la muestra B te puede servir.

Sorry guys, I jus said I prefer take B. Take A sounds like the upper layer from B. Both takes sound synthetic to me, but for the style he'll be using it, take B is the one (for me).

Thanks Matula!
The second file was made with revalver; I think theres nothing better than this plug. The first is indeed more sinthetic --> GTR 3
I'm using impulses and voxengo boogex but I need more practice to make it more organic and natural. Thanks for your opinion!

By the way: En los 90 viví todo un año en tu país en la isla Margarita, tocando en un grupo de versiones en Playa el Agua, hermoso lugar, linda gente de verdad, inolvidable y conocí muchos musicos excelentes. Saludos guaiqueríes Matula! ;)

Hi Coco, welcome to the forum. for future reference check out the sub-forums and post threads like this in the "rate my mix/tone" sub-forum. i agree with Matula's post, by the way.

Hola Coco, definitivamente prefiero el track B, tiene el cuerpo que le falta al A, que suena como la capa superior sin el Low End. Las 2 muestras suenan sinteticas, se nota que son producto de plugins, pero considerando el estilo que piensas grabar, la muestra B te puede servir.

Sorry guys, I jus said I prefer take B. Take A sounds like the upper layer from B. Both takes sound synthetic to me, but for the style he'll be using it, take B is the one (for me).

ja, que tal hermano soy el bajista de intestinal infection, nos hiciste sonido en el metal en vivo con masacre el mes pasado, primera vez que veo otro venezolano en un foro de estos, y menos uno que conozco. interesante saber que andas por aca

btw I agree too, the second one :headbang: