hi hat for recording

I-Quality

New Metal Member
May 24, 2006
hey,

long time no show on this forum, feels good to be back :)

I want to buy a new hi hat that will also get used for rec's, and was wondering what you guys recommend?

I'm usually just leaving it slightly open so that it doesn't sound to dry, and I don't close/open it as I don't do any special rhythms with it

Currently I have a Paiste Alpha metal, the obvious beginner mistake, its incredibly loud and wouldn't use it under no occasion actually, even live. Problem is, here (in China) I cannot try anything so I just plunged into it at that time as I got a good deal for the package (2 crashes, 1 ride and hat).

I'm considering the Zildjian A Custom, but there are also 2 version (mastersound and normal), price is similar.

Any recommendation?

I like my sabian wax x-celerator hihat. But then again I don't have a lot of experience of different types of hihats. The x-celerator might be the quietest I've played and that's a plus.

damn not easier now.
and all are the same price almost.
guess i ll have to take a plunge,. or grab this old a custom for less than half price, but who knows how long it will last, the pic is too dark to tell if there is a crack.
anyway thanks for the input!