HI HI HI HI HI HI and HIIII!!!!

Sounds AMAZING Joshua. It's crazy how you can go from WTR to this. This mix is almost perfect.

Awesome mix and super fitting to the band / genre!!

Real drums I suppose? Lots of HW-processing on the mixing stage involved?

DAT punch, well done dude.

Thank you sir, Dat punch is what's up!!

Sounds AMAZING Joshua. It's crazy how you can go from WTR to this. This mix is almost perfect.

Yea its defiantly on the total opposite end of the spectrum, but that keeps things interesting and fun for people like us. I think Andy Sneap said it best in a Chimaira dvd, it went something like this...."If you can mix metal, you can pretty much mix anything".

Awesome mix and super fitting to the band / genre!!

Real drums I suppose? Lots of HW-processing on the mixing stage involved?

Thanks and glad you enjoy it!

I tried to keep the drums as real as possible to keep the vibe, but they just were not tracked the best and needed some help. I ended up blended some samples along with the real drums and it worked out perfect and maintained the vibe I wanted.

I did not use any of my outboard gear and mixed their Ep 100% in the box. I actually mixed this in a spare bedroom at my house on headphones believe it or not. I never even had the chance to check it at my studio on my monitors either. It's been a experience to say the least but I'm super happy with the results.

first link i had a few critiques, the final is great!! excellent work

i may have went for a TINYY bit fatter drums and more MOJO to the vocal but this mix is FANTASTIC!@!

Yea its defiantly on the total opposite end of the spectrum, but that keeps things interesting and fun for people like us. I think Andy Sneap said it best in a Chimaira dvd, it went something like this...."If you can mix metal, you can pretty much mix anything".

I tried to keep the drums as real as possible to keep the vibe, but they just were not tracked the best and needed some help. I ended up blended some samples along with the real drums and it worked out perfect and maintained the vibe I wanted.

I did not use any of my outboard gear and mixed their Ep 100% in the box. I actually mixed this in a spare bedroom at my house on headphones believe it or not. I never even had the chance to check it at my studio on my monitors either. It's been a experience to say the least but I'm super happy with the results.

If you care to elaborate about which headphones you've used? i think mixing headphones are my next GAS...

sounds great dude! I agree with the above post, but I love how its so ITB yet not, has some of that analog warmth to it. It's great to hear about your experience on a hackintosh, I'm actually ordering one next week because I was on a mac and just my style and workflow required more computing power than a shelf mac could offer/i can't pay that much for a super gnarly mac. How was your experience booting the mac osx and getting everything up and running? I'll be on Pro Tools 10.

Holy batman. What headphones you use?

Well 99% of it was mixed on Beyer dt770's. However the very last day (a few hours before I had to send the masters out) I received my Sennheiser Hd600's in the mail. I ended up doing a quick listen through on them and that resulted in me doing a .5 db boost around 1-2k on the 2buss.

If you care to elaborate about which headphones you've used? i think mixing headphones are my next GAS...

Get either dt'770's or hd600's and you should be very happy. I have k240's as well, but I honestly never get on well with them, plus they are not very comfortable.

sounds great dude! I agree with the above post, but I love how its so ITB yet not, has some of that analog warmth to it. It's great to hear about your experience on a hackintosh, I'm actually ordering one next week because I was on a mac and just my style and workflow required more computing power than a shelf mac could offer/i can't pay that much for a super gnarly mac. How was your experience booting the mac osx and getting everything up and running? I'll be on Pro Tools 10.

I think using Waves Nls (sounded better than vcc on this) on every track and buss and also Vtm on every buss really helped give it that analog vibe. My Hackintosh experience has been great, this is my second build. The only problem I had with this one was I was using a old vga (i think that is the name) monitor cable and with 10.8 you can't use vga, but other than that it was super smooth. I can even link you up to my exact build if you like. I have mine overclocked to 4.6 ghz right now and it's a MONSTER!!

Sound's great bro, great job. What's the guitar signal path from guitar to bus?

Sorry I did not forget about yea. I will have to get the rest of the (ITB) info when I'm at home and can pull up the session, but here is a quick gear rundown.

Amp: Orange Rockerverb mkii 100 (eq: treb - 11 o'clock, mid 2 o'clock, bass 2 o'clock), through a Mesa 4x12 oversize cab.
Guitars: Gibson les paul studio, Schecter c-1 (both with Duncan JBs) or custom tele with 59s.
Some rhythms also used a agile semi hollow with p90s.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I'm running Protools 10. Again, let me know if you need any help.

Get either dt'770's or hd600's and you should be very happy. I have k240's as well, but I honestly never get on well with them, plus they are not very comfortable.

I think using Waves Nls (sounded better than vcc on this) on every track and buss and also Vtm on every buss really helped give it that analog vibe. My Hackintosh experience has been great, this is my second build. The only problem I had with this one was I was using a old vga (i think that is the name) monitor cable and with 10.8 you can't use vga, but other than that it was super smooth. I can even link you up to my exact build if you like. I have mine overclocked to 4.6 ghz right now and it's a MONSTER!!

Sorry I did not forget about yea. I will have to get the rest of the (ITB) info when I'm at home and can pull up the session, but here is a quick gear rundown.

Amp: Orange Rockerverb mkii 100 (eq: treb - 11 o'clock, mid 2 o'clock, bass 2 o'clock), through a Mesa 4x12 oversize cab.
Guitars: Gibson les paul studio, Schecter c-1 (both with Duncan JBs) or custom tele with 59s.
Some rhythms also used a agile semi hollow with p90s.

well, i suppose for the price difference, the DT-770 will do.
Thanks man! now i just need you mixing skills, if you don't mind sending me an IR of that :D

Yeah dude that would be sick if you could send me your build! I was going to try and follow someone else's build just cuz it's my first time and all and I'm not a computer whiz. I was looking to build a monster as well, overclocked 4.6 sounds perfect. That's weird with the VGA though, I was gonna go with a dual monitor set up, I looked it up and saw other people having problems with their vga connections as well after upgrading to mountain lion so I'll keep that in mind. Anyway, go ahead and PM me your build if you'd like, I'd love to take a look.

Just gave ya a like on facebook as well, i'm diggin this band dude, this singer's got some pipes! Must have been a blast to record.

Sounds great man. I'm curious, how does one exactly manage to get this kind of sub "thump" out of the kick, is it getting the right balance between the two kick mic's & usual EQ and comp? How much of a difference does using two mics for the kick make?

Sorry if that's OT... :(

Sounds great man. I'm curious, how does one exactly manage to get this kind of sub "thump" out of the kick, is it getting the right balance between the two kick mic's & usual EQ and comp? How much of a difference does using two mics for the kick make?

Sorry if that's OT... :(

I used a kick sample blended with the original kick mic, nothing fancy. The kick sample has all the "sub thump" you're hearing.

I think using a sub kick or a second mic (in a tunnel you build) several feet back from a kick can be a cool way to add some beef as well. Also you can make a copy of the kick and roll off all of the high end and blend that back in. Another trick is to make a aux track and have that be your master 2buss (send all your tracks there) and have that duplicated kick track with all the high end rolled off just go strait to the main output and bypass your 2buss comp. Hope that helps a bit.

The mix overall is pretty awesome.

I would try to widen the vocals a hair.

The click, as aforementioned, is a hair clicky. Nuke some of that 3-6khz surgically if you're down.

Snare brightness is dead on for the track. I would bring up the snare volume a hair and get some more balls in the attack.

The guitars may already be "too metal," but I still think they work ;)

Cheers \m/