Hi im new here i am pissed at my guitar, help me out

Nov 2, 2007
Canada EH
hi i am new to this website, I have an epiphone Faded SG and am gettin quite pissed with it, if i just tune it with the open strings it will be out of tune down the neck, if i tune at using the chords at the second fret (e,a,d,g....) it will be out of tune down the neck, if i tune it at the 5th fret it will be out of tune somewhere else, no maatter what method of tuning i use its always really out of tune somewhere on the neck, how do i fix this?

Sounds like a bad intonation problem. Assuming your bridge wasn't positioned incorrectly at the factory, you can correct this problem by adjusting the saddles on your guitar's tune-o-matic bridge. New strings will help some, as will using the correct gauge strings your guitar was originally set up for.
If you are unsure about all this, take it to a guitar dealer or repair person and have them do a professional "set-up". This will cost you around $30 - $40 most places including new strings, and not only will they address any intonation issues, but can also adjust your neck and action (string height) to it's maximum potential.

hi i am new to this website, I have an epiphone Faded SG and am gettin quite pissed with it, if i just tune it with the open strings it will be out of tune down the neck, if i tune at using the chords at the second fret (e,a,d,g....) it will be out of tune down the neck, if i tune it at the 5th fret it will be out of tune somewhere else, no maatter what method of tuning i use its always really out of tune somewhere on the neck, how do i fix this?

Hmmm... in situations like these I usually make an offering of small children and goat semen to the Goddess Freya.

If that doesn't work then just buy a new guitar.