Should i tune my bass slightly flat?

I am using a set of '11s plus '62 for low A, tuned to ADGCFAD. I like the tension on the first 6 strings, and so-so on my 7th string. It's cool, but see, once I tuned the 7th string to B and I remember that I really liked the tension.

Since I plan to go back to B tuning again, my question would be - if this time I use '62 for low B, but '10s on other strings, will the tension on 7th string will be similar to what I had when I tuned only that low string to B? Or should I maybe use '64 or something in order to achieve that?

For a live application there is very little you can do to compensate for the way bass strings react to being whacked too hard other than using the optimum gauge for said tuning and improving your technique . Almost no one plays with the same speed and attack continuously but some do it better than others . The level of tuning intonation perfection we are talking about here is pointless . We might as well ban violins chello's and fretless bass from the stage & studio . :rolleyes:

To me an instrument need a perfect tuning and a "near" perfect intonation on the 12th fret. The OT also spoke about live situation so also if the intonation is not perfect at 100% it's the same.
In a studio situation we can also tune well the particular position you have to play (for example a solo etc...). Anyway if the instrument is intonated, it's better.
The tuning of the attack note instead of the decay depens also on the tuner....you can have a slow tuner or a very quick tuner...for example I have the polytune that's slow in single mode and quick in polytune mode, so if the tuning is perfect immediately in polytune, I have the same note in the decay if I use the single mode.
It's more important to tune every intrument with the same tuner and in the same way.

Maybe after tracking use the Randy method and Melodyne the fuck out of the track if you can HEAR the bass track is out of tune relative to the guitars.

But you can't have to thick strings on a guitar made for standard tuning. Say you play in drop C or B and use +0.70 strings on the low E, then you are likely to run out of space for you to intonate, you know when the screw is on the bottom of the stable :S

So it would probably be better to get a baritone guitar if you play drop C and lower and use normal thickness on strings.

But as people said tuning is a bitch :S