how to properly tune a guitar?

Skyweaver said:
I buy the software off the site, not the delux, just the standard....hmm very impressive.

I then spent hours trying to get the floyd rose to stop sinking down into the recessed area...
You probably need to adjust your springs in the back of your guitar. If your floyd is sinking, loosen them off, then retune... and repeat, repeat, repeat until you get it right.
Unfotunately, these need to be adjusted every time you change your string gauge.

Floyds are a bitch to get set up correctly, but when they're in, they're in.
-0z-

Skyweaver said:
I then spent hours trying to get the floyd rose to stop sinking down into the recessed area...

*sighs* - Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent tremlo system ?

If you don't intend to use the tremelo for a song you're recording you can block it with a small piece of wood. You just have to make the wood block the right size so that the bridge is level.

Well I'm pleased with StroboSoft. Used it a bit last night, and it's definitely better than my TU-2 or any other tuner I've used. It's nice to be able to tune accurately without a hardware box!

They need to work out a glitch on the Mac version, where it crashes the first two times you run it, then it works fine after that. Really odd... I think it has something to do with their wacky serial code authorization system.

I bought the deluxe Strobosoft tonight, and it's a pretty impressive program. It's a nice switch from the tiny little Korg AT-2 I've been using the last 6 years... and a hell of a lot more accurate too.
I really like the intonate mode: I just spent the last 3 hours setting up my Floyd & my guitar has never sounded better.
What a great little program.

-0z-