Hi! New member here... =)

PAPEdROGA

New Metal Member
Dec 12, 2008
Rome, Italy
Hi there!
I’ m here to introduce myself. I discovered this fantastic forum a couple of years ago, and I have always read it but never posted anything.
I’ m glad to be a part of this community, which is full of interesting topics, nice tips and lots of lovely guys… and very good technicians too.
I’ m an Italian mixing engineer. I’ ve noticed you often post your works so… I would like introduce myself with some of my recent works.
I hope you will enjoy it.

Here they come…

Awaken Demons

Tears Bad Side

They Come From The Sky

Novel of Sin

One Foot Disaster

Thank you in advance, guys.
See you soon!

Welcome to the sect, come on in and don't be afraid.
Don't worry for your fail, our moderators and leaders are good. They shall forgive you, but don't forget to worship them.

We shall do a baptism ceremony for you including a gangbang of a young virgin, then kill her and eat her pounding heart.

Ciao PAPEdROGA,

piacere di vederti e leggerti anche qui oltre che su UAR. :)

Giuseppe [giubis]

Nice work!

Thank you so much! ...and a beer for you :kickass:
:)

Skinny Viking said:
yeah man, just listening to "Awaken Demons" ... great work

the bass sound is killer. Care to share details? Recording, post processing, etc..

Tnx a lot!
I'd love to share details about it, absolutely.
First i forgot to say that I' m a mixing engineer, and so I usually take care of mixes "only".
So, i receive recordings from different studios or directly from some homestudios, then I elaborate the tracks and... you know, i try to make things sound good. :)

In the case of the Awaken Demons (as in the other five i' ve posted), recordings were done in a quite small but nice studio here in Italy, called Convolution (here its' MySpace page)

The bass was a fender jazz bass '75 MN, with seymour duncan quarter pound pickup and strings ernie ball 125-100-80-60. It was tracked "directly" with an Avalon U5.
Then the recording studio's technicians made a reamp, through a Radial RMP, going to an Ampeg SVT Classic + AMPEG 8X10 Classic.
Mics was AKG 414, Sennheiser MD 421 and the Yamaha Sub Kick, preamplified with an italian hand made preamp... the FCFaudio.

For the mixing...
as for 90% of my works, it was done entirely in the box.
I made the balance between the four different chans, first, to create "the shape" of the bass... then i put an eq and two compressors on its buss, a fast one, pushed nearly to distorsion, and a slow one, to control the "macro-dynamic".
I often use parallel compression and saturation on bass, but in this case the bass was already well distorted by his amp and by the first stage of the compression.

Ok, that' s all... i guess :)
Thank you for your appreciations and for your questions. I love to talk about mixing tips and you are making this possible, so... tnx again :)

Ps: sorry for my terrible english! This is what happens when you spent your school-time sleeping on desk :lol:

Thats some great info there man, thank you for sharing

oh yeah, don't worry about your english ... its just fine and a hell of a lot better than most people's here Italian ;)

Cheers!
-Carlos

Welcome to the sect, come on in and don't be afraid.
Don't worry for your fail, our moderators and leaders are good. They shall forgive you, but don't forget to worship them.

We shall do a baptism ceremony for you including a gangbang of a young virgin, then kill her and eat her pounding heart.

+1000000