Hi there dudes (some questions)

SiRo

Aug 28, 2002
Butt Of The World
www.ciberia.ya.com
Hey guys im SiRo and i'm new here. Some of you may know me from other boards :)

Anyway I'm just fighting with myself now cos SX come to my city next year (Apr-08-2003 La Rivera Madrid, Spain ) and they even play in my fave venue and where i use to meet all the musicians and shit (more info @ www.ciberia.ya.com/sirosexy).

BUT they come with Stratovarious. So,i cant stand these guys (strato)and the ticket is 26 €/$. Will SX perform a co-headline gig or just as openers? If they do come as co-headliners ill go for sure but im doubting if they come as openers...... :(

one thing or another,i will get there after the gig just to meet the guys and buy some stuff.

So,any info that tour? Thanks a lot :)

SiRo

Hi there, SiRo,
welcome to the board. :)

You're not alone in this "thing". I'm from Germany.
Anyway, it's like this: 1st supportband, 2nd support band (Symphony X), Stratovarius (headlining). I'll go to see SX, I don't care for the other bands.

If you really like SX, then just go, you can leave the venue before Stratovarius start playing :p
SX as a support band is not about them being "just support" - you'd miss out on a great gig.

I'm in a situation very similar to yours...
the difference is that most probably i will go anyway, even if i don't like stratovarius at all.

yes,Strato will be headliner.

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Hi there, SiRo,
welcome to the board. :)

You're not alone in this "thing". I'm from Germany.
Anyway, it's like this: 1st supportband, 2nd support band (Symphony X), Stratovarius (headlining). I'll go to see SX, I don't care for the other bands.

If you really like SX, then just go, you can leave the venue before Stratovarius start playing :p
SX as a support band is not about them being "just support" - you'd miss out on a great gig.

2 things: 2 support bands!!!!! :cry: And How long are their sets? I use to get 1st row cos i love to be there with the band but if i wanna leave i think ill have to fight with 2000 people to get back :(

Gaaaaaah...im still debating...

Hi there!

I have the same problem, but I will go anyway. I'm from Switzerland and they will play twice (!) at the Z7 in Pratteln next April on two following days. Unfortunately there is another support band beside SX called Thunderstone (didnt know them so far and just downloaded a song: sounds like Stratovarius with a worse singer... :rolleyes: ). Now I'm a bot worried SX won't be playing very long that night...

How long did they play on the US-tour with BG? About 60 minutes? I even think about going to Pratteln both evenings if they play two different sets, but I doubt that.

I'm really happy I can finally see them playing live, so I don't want to complain about their playing time. It's really a shame they can't do a tour as the headliner though. I've already attended concerts in Prattlen with less than 50 spectators, and I'm sure SX would have more than 50 if they played as headliner.

Mabye anyone who attended a show in the USA can post a setlist here? I really wonder what songs they will be playing and I havent found a setlist yet in this forum.

Great! Thanks a lot, the setlists look great.

It seems they always play Evolution, Smoke and Mirrors and Of Sins and Shadows, and these 3 are among my favorites! Wicked is great too, although I'd like to hear Accolade Part II or Awakenings of the new album. Well, most likely they will change the setlist again for the European tour...

Hi all from the USA.
ANY opportunity to see Symphony X is a very special experience. On this opening tour, their set is about 45 minutes, which doesn't seem like a long set. But believe me....it is worth it. If you have not seen this band live, you'll know what I mean. Just go!!!

It's great that they have the chance to get around over there for you. Fans here are traveling for many hours, even flying just to see them as an opening act, and the band is getting many new fans. :D ENJOY Symphony X live! No other performance can compare. I and my family are just thrilled to be in the same room with these guys whenever we can!!! ;)