high gain amp day - by tube tone russia

Apr 14, 2010
Germany
hey all,

just came across this excellent shootout of most of our beloved high gain amps. can't really beat ola's videos but it's still nice. hope it hasn't been posted yet.

enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
no one can beat ola's videos, hes the real master, and ola gets a better and fuller tone with only 1 sm57!
I have so much respect to that guy!

You should take a look at our other videos. There was recently an event with a bunch of professional guitarists in Russia playing the amps as a sort of "clinic." The tones aren't metal, but they sound great, especially since there's some more obscure amps being used, and many of the high gain amps are being used in different situations than metal, which gives you an idea of just how versatile some of them are.

FWIW, if I'm not mistaken, I sent 6 out of the 8 amps demo'd in the video you posted to them over in Russia (they didn't demo the Electric and the 3 Channel Recto, but I sent them those too) ;)

how come you send them those amps?
sounds like quite a hassle with customs and stuff.

It's not much of a a hassle at all. Requires filling out 1 extra form, that's it.

People are so afraid to ship international that they don't understand how easy it really is.

Is that my old 50CL that I sold to that guy in Russia?
:p

Probably is, they would've had it by then.

no one can beat ola's videos, hes the real master, and ola gets a better and fuller tone with only 1 sm57!
I have so much respect to that guy!

hey all,

just came across this excellent shootout of most of our beloved high gain amps. can't really beat ola's videos but it's still nice. hope it hasn't been posted yet.

One month late but thanks a bunch ! That made my day :D

Found the link via youtube. I don't know why everyone keeps comparing our vids to Ola's, we are not pros and never had any education in this area. We're just a bunch of guys who happen to like amps, mods and all that stuff. Thanks for posting though.

MatricClaw, what up broski)