High pitched vocals

Metallus91

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2012
Hi there

I've recently registered in this forum in the hope to expand my horizons on metal; since long i've been listening to 90's metal (even 70's) and now that i've milked most of the old bands i decided to switch to some new ones.

I'm currently looking for metal bands or songs with high pitched (and preferably clean) vocals.

Just so you get what i like:
Judas priest (100% milked)
Metallica (100% milked)
Pantera (100% milked)
Iron Maiden (100% milked)
Iced Earth
Sonata Arctica
Disturbed
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin

I also know of black sabbath, slayer, slipknot and many others, but they aren't on my pedestal.

I really love Halford's voice and i recently found similar highs in some songs of Heathendom. So ye, i'm looking for that kind of highs.

Also, i've just recently started listening to Sonata Arctica and Iced Earth and only know few songs (Replica, Wildfire, Don't say a word from SA and Dracula from IE the most notable).

Thanks for your attention

I echo Krigloch with the Primal Fear and Lost Horizon recommendations.

Also check out:

Cage - Darker Than Black, Hell Destroyer
Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance (then work your way up)
King Diamond - Them, Abigail, Conspiracy (if you like those you can venture through the rest of his albums)
Queensryche - Rage For Order, Operation: Mindcrime
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian, No Exit (if you like those you can venture through the rest of their albums, oldest to newest)
Kamelot - Fourth Legacy, Karma, Black Halo (then expand)

Heck here's my top stuff - I'm very much into the full on high vocals being one of my fav areas of metal: http://www.last.fm/user/MetalAges/library

You might really enjoy my band TEMPLE OF BLOOD.

Here are some tunes:

Here are some other bands that I would really recommend:
DEADLY BLESSING -
FATES WARNING -
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM -
TOXIK -

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies

I forgot to add that the vocalist must be MALE. Primal fear and Merciful fate seem to fit, currently listening to some tracks of them.

I'll check out the others later on (Would be pleased if you could give me the "hits").

Thanks again

Do you have Megadeth's Rust in Peace? if not, from the bands you listed, you'll love this album.

You didn't say some of the other old greats, so I'll post them just in case

Newer stuff:

One of my favorite bands

Another Iced Earth song you might like:

i see a lot of what i would recommend out there on this thread, toxik, flotsam and jetsam, primal fear, 80's queensryche.

i suggest you check out the accept album where david reece sang on after udo left. reece was also one of the guys up for the spot in judas priest after halford left. reece has several albums with several different bands and his singing varies in every band. accept he sounds like halford. in his band bangalore choir his sings more like david coverdale. sircle of silence he goes a back a bit more to his halford sound.

here he is with accept:

here he is with bangalore choir:

here is reece in sircle of silence:

Cage - Supremacy of Steel

This guy can really scream...

I want more of Mercyful fate: i found the notes i was looking for.

However, not all the songs fit my requirements and i don't have much time to listen to them all, so i'll ask you for the ones with the most high pitched notes.

"Evil" is currently my favorite for the amount of highs, followed by "into the coven".

I've also liked Dream Theater songs and i'm currently looking for more; i've already listened to Panic Attack, Pull me Under, Count for Tuscany, Scene six home and 2 more.

I knew megadeth since long but i had stopped listenin to them for some reason. Also knew of Accept.

Thanks again for your suggestions :D

PS: Despite the fact that i sometimes listen to heavy stuff, i'd prefer if there wasn't too much noise in the background so that i can better appreciate the cleanliness of the vocals. Thanks