Thrash metal with high-pitched singing vocals?

Woolie Wool

Ia Cthulhu fhtagn
Jul 22, 2006
I'm looking for some thrash metal (preferably US, but I guess German is fine too) with high-pitched clean vocals like Rob Halford or Ray Alder (Fates Warning's No Exit with Ray Alder is almost thrash, but not quite). Highly technical riffing is a bonus but not necessary. I'm generally into the more technical side of melodic thrash, like Megadeth's Rust in Peace and Heathen's Victims of Deception.

Iced Earth. Night of the Stormrider would probably be your best bet for high pitched vocals. Or Owens era maybe.

Realm is mandatory. Technical, melodic, and high-pitched as fuck. Endless War is a beyond excellent album.

I hear Toxik mentioned a lot when it comes to high-pitched thrash vocalists, but haven't actually heard them yet. Still, you may want to give them a try.

Forbidden
Listening to these guys' myspace right now. They sound quite promising. The vocals don't quite have the wail-factor I'm looking for, but they're far above average, and the riffs are excellent. Unfortunately they went down the path of groove metal in the '90s. How did an entire scene go down the shitter like this? Didn't SOMEONE say no to groove?

Well, Metallica said no to groove, but they said yes to country music instead...:puke:
Realm is mandatory. Technical, melodic, and high-pitched as fuck. Endless War is a beyond excellent album.
*clicks Realm's myspace*

Fucking. Glorious.

Cellador. Thrash with heavy power influences.
The drummer should never be allowed to use two bass drums again. TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK flower metal beats are one of my least favorite things in all of metal. This ain't no thrash.

Dissatisfaction with the vocals on Anthrax's Among the Living inspired me to write this thread, and I'm already into Megadeth. Slayer's Reign in Blood album indicates that Tom Araya is a terrible vocalist. As far as Helloween...Michael Kiske's shrill rodent voice haunts me in my nightmares.

I've already bought CDs from Toxik and Realm, and I'll probably get something from Watchtower soon.

Dissatisfaction with the vocals on Anthrax's Among the Living inspired me to write this thread, and I'm already into Megadeth. Slayer's Reign in Blood album indicates that Tom Araya is a terrible vocalist. As far as Helloween...Michael Kiske's shrill rodent voice haunts me in my nightmares.

I've already bought CDs from Toxik and Realm, and I'll probably get something from Watchtower soon.

That's why i said early Slayer.

Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, Haunting the Chapel.

Listening to a track from Haunting the Chapel. Hard to believe this is the same band that released the aforementioned borefest Reign in Blood. King and Hanneman still can't solo to save themselves, but the songwriting and riffs are miles ahead of Reign in Blood. I still don't think Araya has uttered anything resembling an actual note yet.

Night of the Stormrider will certainly be on my shopping list after listening to a couple of songs.

Listening to a track from Haunting the Chapel. Hard to believe this is the same band that released the aforementioned borefest Reign in Blood. King and Hanneman still can't solo to save themselves, but the songwriting and riffs are miles ahead of Reign in Blood.

They were way more melodic on their first 2 albums, and Haunting the Chapel. South of Heaven is way slower than RIB but it's not as melodic as their early shit.

Reign has some sick arse riffs though.