High screams and Inhaled "reeeeeeeeee"'s

Anthropophagia

Grind Forever!
Jun 25, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
These are that last two bridges I need to cross before I can be a complete vocalist.

Ive been working on doing high vocals for about 6 months...i cant seem to hit them.

Right now I dont really care how i produce the high vocals, whether i make them with an exhaled scream, or an inhaled pig squealing "reeeeeeeeeeee"

Id appreciate any help.

thanks

Conner

Its hard man... the high vocals are really hard for me to do. I dont think I have the vocal chords for it. I can cover the medium stuff fairly well and I can do good on the low end. But the highs elude me..

ugh..i cant even hit my lows correctly lately. Well i can hit em but theyre sounding more generic, a couple weeks ago i was doing vocals identical to devourment.

The back of my throat has been phelgmy and dry. I think im getting sick...

Im starting to have my high shit come together (barely but its slowly gettin better)

but the inhaled stuff eludes me...Ive never been on a mic before so that could be part of the reason my inhaled arent working correctly

ive never heard of excommunicon, ill check em out if i remember the next time i have soulseek fired up.

Many people can hit the high notes only because they are gifted. Trying to hit high notes forceblly can harm your voice, so be careful. What I suggest is to loosen your voice up first (talk loudly, do some exercises) and then try again and do some scales.

Oh, and here is a very good tip I got from a professional singer. The way you sing should be exactly how you use your voice when you hum. So, first close your mouth and hum a note, (try going for a high note) then slowly open your mouth.

Hope that helps!