highschool kids covering Opeth

[/Quote]Not bad at all. As mentioned before, the singer did sound a lot like Opeth's vocalist.[/QUOTE]
^Thank you very much! ;) Like I said if you can growl you growl, that kid has just as much talent as Mike or anyone else who does that sort of funny thing. Thay all sound the same (funny) to me.

That was pretty nice..but the growl was not near Mikes.
We have played a couple opeth covers while rehearsing with the band (harvest and a fair judgement),
i have also played live both benighted and still day beneath the sun in school (music school), and not a single one has ever heard the band. It´s pretty fun to introduce new music to these guys and girls that only know of generic music like dream theater and so on... No growling songs yet...though i do growl, but i havent felt comfortable with showing it of yet ;P... then i know pretty mutch every opeth song with the guitar and vocals, so if anyone wants to record opeth covers through internet and put it up here i would more than gladly join :)

Personally I think this is great, regardless of how easy or hard the particular song is to play, because it's great to see young players/fans playing this kind of stuff at such an early age. When I was in high school it was murder trying to find people who would (and could) cover stuff like Kreator and Voivod. They might not have the song completely "nailed" as it were, but if they're already on this path now, by the time they're older they could have developed into really outstanding musicians, not unlike people like Mike covering Pestilence or something in his earlier days! These kids could be playing Green Day and Nickelback songs and instead they're covering Opeth, that gets a huge applause from me, frankly.

Oh the memories of playing these outdoor gigs in high school, with bad amplification and not being able to hear each other.....I think I still have nightmares about it from time to time, haha. Playing technical music and doing it cleanly and tightly under those conditions is a feat for anyone actually.

That's awesome. Pretty cool video. I can't find anyone to play metal songs with in my high school (I'm 15), so I found a band with some 20 and 30 year olds and we've been covering Megadeth and plan on doing some Deicide and stuff so it's cool.

FUBAR said:
thats Larry, guitarist for Novemebers Doom :headbang:
Whoa, I downloaded their album a while ago, I only listened to it once though (and not too attentively). I've been in more of a mellow classic rock mood lately, though I did just listen to The Moor three times.

Good to see quebec youth fans try to convert more and more people to the right side of music... Even if its the evilish one ! :devil:

And for the crowd, i remember a show at my high school my best friends did with is first band (6 or 7 years ago) with covers of Opeth, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Cradle of filth, Tool and others... Every body was like : uhhh... what are they doing ? this is not metallica, so it sucks.... Damn, i wished i could slap each and everyone that day :err: