hills you are willing to die on

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
cd's are digital audio, therefore "digital" music is not the opposite of physical media. streaming or downloaded music is. it's IN THE NAME. compact disc digital audio; digital since 1982, in the most literal sense of the word. it is as digital as anything on the internet.

it almost gets even worse when it comes to games/software. cartridges and dvd's are also digital, because of course they are, they are computer software for cryin out loud. therefore when you're on steam or xboxxx store you're buying "download games" not "digital games" you absolute plonker

That is a very important hill on which you are willing to die. Some of mine:

- Jean shorts are for raggare only
- It's not mandatory to wear small checkered shirts and chinos at home even if you're over 30
- Lowering the voting age to 16 is a terrible idea
- It's a joke that it's not allowed to buy beer stronger than 4,7 % in convenience stores
- It's not neccessarily a good idea to do a uni degree focusing on one of your niche hobbies and then whine about poor job possibilities

- Jean shorts are for raggare only
- It's not mandatory to wear small checkered shirts and chinos at home even if you're over 30
paradoxically, i feel personally attacked by these two

and the rest i all agree with

I remember quite a few times when I ordered a CD and never listened to it, I just continued listening to downloaded songs as I was too lazy to put it in.

cd's are digital audio, therefore "digital" music is not the opposite of physical media. streaming or downloaded music is. it's IN THE NAME. compact disc digital audio; digital since 1982, in the most literal sense of the word. it is as digital as anything on the internet.

Pedantry aside, it provides a way of distinguishing between physical and non-physical though, so I don't see what the harm is.

It's like the term "digital transformation" which you hear a lot in the IT industry. I've worked in a company where you have people walking around saying stuff like "we're going digital", "everything is turning digital", and I don't think they really have any clue what they're saying or what it means.

I don't understand this one, is this a Scandinavian thing? I rarely wear proper jeans or trousers of any sort around the house, just comfy shorts (not denim), or some sort of sweatpant type things.

I don't understand this one, is this a Scandinavian thing? I rarely wear proper jeans or trousers of any sort around the house, just comfy shorts (not denim), or some sort of sweatpant type things.

Yeah, it might be more of a Norwegian/Scandinavian thing, but I'm thinking of classic "dad fashion" that all middle class blokes suddenly start adopting once they become fathers/married/turn a certain age. I know several guys who absolutely lambast anyone not wearing stuff like this whilst in the comfort of their own home:

d36af129fe98c28f25d21443a3bd2369.jpg

My garderobe needs more of the fabled henrikmain swag signature. Pics plz.

As long as you're always carrying a can of lager around with you, you should be fine (the bag is not mine, and it was used for beer transporation)

aKBEq1B.jpg

- No sex scene has ever made a film better
First film that comes to mind is Basic Instinct. Do they count as 'sex scenes' if they're more than just sex scenes, as in a core part of the plot? In the first one in the film you don't really see her face so the mystery leaves a lasting impression. For the rest, Michael Douglas getting his rocks off in his late 40s is a breath of fresh cologne compared to everyone needing tight young Instagram bodies today.