Hin Onde/Additions

TrueBeliever

michael
Jun 8, 2002
london
I would suggest that unless you have heard Songs of Battle you reserve judgement; it is considerably improved of Fiery September. Judging Hin Onde by Fiery September is like judging Pantera by "Metal Magic".

And since its been a while, i would suggest adding

Zalvarinis (folk metal)
Iniquity (quasi-tech death)
Pyaemia (black death)
Severed Savior (death)
Gorgasm (death grind)
Aarni (pagan doom)
Stiny Plamenu (czech raw black)
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (melodic death)
Beyond Dawn (doom)
Heol Telwen (black folk)
Hematovore (instrumental metal)

yes it's a lot better, but i was so stunned by the utter crappyness of fiery that i had to mention it hehe
yeah i have some of those bands on my "to add-list", will look into it as soon as i've done the more high priority ones.
thanks for you support

you can still add for now. when I need to move it, I'll disable the admin area until it's up on the new server. I won't lose anything you add between now and then.

Thanks for getting me in contact with your buddy; it looks like he's gonna be hosting LM. We just have to work out the details. The good news about being layed off is I finally have time to work on the new codebase for the site :) It'll be a few more weeks at least, but I'm making progress again.

Hin Onde actually has a new CD out (Shades of Solstice). I only found out when I found it on ebay, their news distribution isn't great.

spaffe said:
i actually googled for some info on that one but i came up with nothing, and their homepage is down atm it seems

From the booklet-

The lineup is:
J. Loikas - Bass, Guitars
J. Hytönen - Clean Vocals
Wiricki - Synths
Vrtx - Drums
Nrq - Vocals, Guitars

Year - 2003

Song list:
1. Ukonvasara
2. Sorcery of the Nameless
3. Galdr
4. The Archaic Traveller
5. Supreme Chaos
6. Lamentations of the Wind
7. In the Forest of Mourning
8. Shades of Solstice
9. Perilous Journey

I don't have a picture of the CD cover.

I had to start a new post because I don't know how to edit a post.

I forgot the label, it's Solistitium Records. And all five people are listed as being members of the band, not just the three and the other two listed as guests like on SoB. There's another person, K. Höghberg, who does backing vocals on Sorcery of the Nameless.

TrueBeliever said:
I had to start a new post because I don't know how to edit a post.

I forgot the label, it's Solistitium Records. And all five people are listed as being members of the band, not just the three and the other two listed as guests like on SoB. There's another person, K. Höghberg, who does backing vocals on Sorcery of the Nameless.

thanks a lot. what's it like soundwise? similar to the first album i presume?

Yeah, it isn't that different than Songs of Battle (viking metal doesn't usually get experimentive). It has more clean vocals, and some clean guitar parts, which is cool. They don't use the the weird vocals that were on SoB, but they occasionally have a different weird vocal effect.

jimbobhickville: That makes me feel much better, thank you.