hiss when track is record enabled.

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
hey guys,
as you can tell from the thread title, I`m having some issues with hiss.

so, I have logic open, I set up a track with input 1 as the input, and I throw amp designer on the track.
Bam instantly there it is, fuzz.

so i unplug my guitar from the instrument input on my profire 2626, and it doesnt go away.

now this hiss is very noticeable, even when I`m playing. If I plug my guitar into my old pod, then into he instrument input, Its not nearly as noticeable.

I tried plugging my profire into another outlet, same deal

its not an issue at all if im micing an amp, or plugging in my sansamp bass di, but when I distort the signal coming from the input on my profire, I hear noise. even if nothing is plugged in????

I`m guessing my issue is due to the wiring in my house, but it has recently been updated, and we have a brand new breaker.

maybe a power conditioner is needed?

any thoughts????

that was probably worth mentioning lol

I tried different inputs. the hum is there, even if nothing is plugged into the input selected for the track.

if I were to distort my signal before going into the profire, then the hum is not noticeable. this is leading me to believe that the hum is coming from the input on the profire, and isnt noticable unless the input is distorted.
a distorted signal coming into the profire is fine, like when i hook up my pod. but when I amplify and distort after the input there is mad fuzz...

im thinking that it might be an issue with grounding that could be fixed by power conditioning. im no expert in this department, but i think maybe a ground lift or something could solve my problem.

I tried using a di into line input 3. , same issue. and like i said, the hiss is present even with NOTHING plugged into the record enabled input, so I know its not a patch cord, or the wiring in my guitar. (that was my first suspicion, so I basically followed the hum down the signal chain until I had nothing plugged into the input, and the hum was still there.)