historic/fantasy/epic films

toolsofthetrade said:
i always fear after reading the book that the film is just shite. had it with The Stand as well. LOTR was beyond my expectations tho.
should see that Avalon one, yeah.

I think the film is very good and the soudtrack is great, also! I love Loreena Mckennitt :p
And I know what you mean about the films based on books. I love the book "Perfume" but I don't think they can make a film of it... I hope they don't even try! :ill:

"This track took over a year to complete and I am incredibly proud of the way it turned out. I have been amazed by epic tracks ever since I was like 7 years old and my brother (who happens to be Tom Nouga, with whom I co-wrote this track!!) gave me mix tapes with songs like "One for the Vine" and "Fifth of fifth" with Genesis and Mike Oldfield "Incantations". I had previously written a few lengthy tracks like "Hiding Again" (Unicorn) "Crimson" (Edge of Sanity) "Raagoonshinaah" (Pan Thy Monium) but I always felt that it wasn't the ultimate one, until now. The feel-good vibes I get from the penultimate section of this track is only comparable to the vibes from the slighty more carnal activities that only includes me and my wife (and not any of my bandmates!!) Tom Nouga wrote a lot of tracks like this around the early eighties and I always envied him when he was bashing out mega epics on the upright piano in the room (That I inherited later on to write songs like "When all is said" and "The Dumb") next to mine. It was a great moment for me when he agreed to let me use certain section of these 20 year old classics and marry them with some of my better epic ideas ever. Eternal is a very special track to me and I really hope that you will give it the time it deserves and see the true colours of this epic masterpiece!"

dan swano about his song 'eternal'.

hmmm, i like conan the barbarian its not epic but it has swords, i like seven samurai, also i remember gettin excited bout braveheart but i was younger. i hate gladiator and russel crowe, worthless piece of crap.

ah we all missed out Troy with hollywoods beloved Brad (arm)Pitt. What a huge big bunch of wart infested bollocks. I was there, all up for a bit of ancient greek mythology like, and what do i get, a beerds film. ALSO, may i just add being the geek that i am, just before the battle takes place there is a pan of the army, and its repeated four times, like you see the same person jump up four times the further back in the army crowd you look....i fucking hate things like that....but i am a geek and such atrocities scar us mentally.

battle scene was better than Helm's Deep though.

viva7.jpg

If Yvon Jaspers could act and she was in an epic movie, yeah, I think I would go then.

RottenAngel said:
After reading "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley I saw the film and it's excellent!
Yes, it was brilliant. I really like the Celtic origin of the avalon/arthur stuff. I read some reviews of "King Arthur", he´s mentioned as a English king there. That´s total crap cause he fought against the anglo saxons who later became the English. I hate such things.