historic/fantasy/epic films

theres very little concrete evidence about arthur as a historical figure, its all supposition so what are you getting so upset about you big tart??

Bambi said:
I went on a sword dvd frenzy the last while, rob roy (liam neeson in a kilt, not that good)
that new zaitochi (not much cop either) then i recently watched The Duellists, basically harvey kietel chasing some lad around europe to repeatedly have at him with a sharp pointy thing...

if you like historical get twilight samurai.

You didn't like Zatoichi? Try gojoe...mind you I said zatoichi was tres bien :erk:

Su Jacko said:
You didn't like Zatoichi? Try gojoe...mind you I said zatoichi was tres bien :erk:
theres just no tension when the main charectar can hand everyone else their arse without breaking sweat, few good scenes and fights but i didnt care enough, at least with kurosawas stuff the yojimbo got the living fuck kicked out of him before he totally flipped ninja stylee (totally sweet )

There's a lot of great historic/epic/fantasy out there: Legend, Willow, Excalibur, The Bride With the White Hair (it's an Asian film),Company of Wolves (not really epic, but really cool), The Neverending Story, Return to Oz (believe me on this one, it's actually pretty damn good), The Dark Crystal, The Princess Bride, Time Bandits, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Dark City, Labyrinth, Brazil, The LOTR trilogy (of course), The Hobbit cartoon isn't too shabby either....hmmm I know there's more, because I'm a fantasy dork, I'll probably think of more.

ahh the dark crystal and labyrinth, now we're talking. Time Bandits was the first video i ever saw too. Dark city is pretty nifty too and the city of lost children scores high fantasy wise.

How about WAR films?? :tickled:

Bambi said:
theres very little concrete evidence about arthur as a historical figure, its all supposition so what are you getting so upset about you big tart??
I´s quite possible he was a regional war leader when the romans had left Britain. Of course it´s almost all supposition but it´s ridiculous that he was english.
But you´re right I shouldn´t get so upset about that but i can´t switch that off. It´s time for a beer now.

Now we are talking!

Willow
Dark Crystal
Labrynth
Neverending Story 1 2 and 3

fit..

War films non better than platoon in my opinion.
although..apocalypse now..hamburger hill..the killing fields.. and war of the buttons also rate high

we have zulu on dvd must give it a spin again, errmm twelve of clock high is a classic
deer hunter is a klassik, i was :O at then end when i was a kid.

cross of iron and the dirty dozen are cool too, i havent seen half these since the 80s, must try find a few dvds

the deer hunter.. my dad made me watch that when I was a kid. think we have it on video.

Midnight express was another dad movie that was klass! shud buy that bambi

B0001Z3I12.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Got myself the box a few days ago and I've almost finished watching this first season already. Ah the memories ...

ah the deer hunter, one of my faves, the scene up in the mountains shooting for deer, and the orange colour of his coat, against that back drop with the music, fucking great film > also used in apocalypse now, where the tiger comes out of the forest when they stop to search for mangos...oh the orange...the orange

had i a choice in saigon id have never left the place, all those love me long times for cheap dolla, you'd be mad :tickled:

here, you ever see the betting shops windows now have big stickers of a chinese bird with a speech bubble beside her for the latest offer ( i guess cos all the fugees are mad on gambling) ?? Im determined to but "five dollah" in that speech bubble some day

its hard hitting though seeing some of those amerasians, out in the paddy fields with papa san and mama san speaking vietnamese