History of a Time to Come

mpj1

Jul 25, 2005
New Hampshire
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of this thrash documentary for as long as I can remember. The project's website is very rarely updated, so it's difficult to gauge how close the film is to completion. I don't do FB or Twitter, so maybe they actively post news there.

Are any of you aware of what's going on with this film?

Cheers,
Matt

I never heard of it. I'm still waiting on one call 'Suit and Tie Guy' (believe that was the name) about metal labels and are their woes like poor Metal Blade (yes there is sarcasm there). I saw a trailer for this years ago and that was it.

I follow them on Facebook and they havent said much, but they posted this on March 26:

"Dear friends, fans and Facebook followers, we’d firstly like to say sorry for the recent lack of updates. There is, however, a very good reason for the relative silence, and it’s called earning a living! Both documentary director Josh, and Greg - author of the accompanying book (see FB page link below) – work full time in the film production and publishing industries respectively. The documentary and the book are purely labours of love being painstakingly put together during spare time and with almost zero budget.

The good news is that progress is being made, even if it’s all been behind the scenes lately. The documentary footage is now 50% edited and all the basic research for the book is complete. We still don’t have final release dates etc. but rest assured that work continues as quickly as other responsibilities permit, and that more than anyone else in the world, we want to see both the documentary and the book released as soon as humanly possible! In the meantime, we very much appreciate your continued support. Thrash or be thrashed!!!"

The director is totally doing this on his free time and it's understandable for the delay. I was also informed of his troubles for music licensing and the like. As an indie documentary film maker I applaud his efforts and it seems we must exercise a bit of patience. D.A.M., Deathwish and I believe Toranaga have all been interviewed. Slammer turned down an invite to take part unfortunately. Remember, all good things come to those who wait.