hmmm... raising the dead

okay, this is really worrying, maybe it's just cos it is only a link rather than a proper forum, but a UK and Eire based forum for METAL and it is THIS dead!!!! when there are millions of class bands from around here... and there MUST be more than a handful of UK based people on UM as well!?!?!

surely!?!?!

raise your hands...

rather a lot.. leeds has a hell of a lot going on at the moment.. i do see quite a few people in our village/town whatever it is walking around with children of bodom, mayhem, burzum tops, and there a lot of young 'uns in their mini mosh and punk tops around tesco supermarket!! heh!!

you should come along to our raw nerve club, last thursday of every month, playing loads of metal, new and old... certainly arch enemy, manowar and iced earth gets played there (i notice you like them in your now playings)..

i was chatting to our guitarist at practice the other day and he went out to dewsbury over new year, he said there was a metally pub there.. can't remember what it is called right now, but he said they played some good stuff in there....

PaulRawNerve said:
yey.. 2 people..
hey russell, i've not heard about that..
DAMMIT i wish i could go to that, doubtful i can make it really..
at least enslaved are coming to rios on the 18th feb soon after.. ooof

hey korsrol.. what part of yorkshire ya from?
\m/

It's sold out now :( Grrrr! I just tried to get tickets!

heh, there is TONS of metal from leeds/around leeds, check out a newish magazine that i also write for called Zero Tolerance, there is an article on Yorkshire metal in there that i wrote, gives a good ol' run down.. but there is some for everyone from punk/numetal/emo to death/black/grind and lots of hardcore/metalcore/noisecore type bands too, a great mix of stuff..

the raw nerve night we do is at the bar phono, in the merrion centre, you know it?

hey russell, i can't make it for london, and NOW i find out that enslaved has cancelled rios and only playing london (AGAIN!!!)

you have NO IDEA how pissed off i am!! heh! i *MIGHT* be able to make it down on the 20th, although it is a sunday which is a touch awkward..

also, end of my rambling typing here, but nice to see some folk getting in on this thread.. tell a friend!
\m/
korsrol, it IS the Turk that my mate was on about.. that's the one! heh! nice one.. i can sleep now!
\m/

PaulRawNerve said:
hey russell, i can't make it for london, and NOW i find out that enslaved has cancelled rios and only playing london (AGAIN!!!)

you have NO IDEA how pissed off i am!! heh! i *MIGHT* be able to make it down on the 20th, although it is a sunday which is a touch awkward..\m/

They've sold out now too, so I can't get tickets :( Grrrr!