hold on

The only thing we've been experiencing lately is an obnoxious act of idiotism performed by an illiterate mind unable to realize that bitching about this and that album (opinions in other words) is about as creative as taking a shit.

For fuck's sake,that was a good thread.

I just started listening to Alive Again a while ago and came up with a thought,so : How about we turn this thread into a Alive Again/Swanö praise-thread? Those can be kinda annoying I guess but it's not very likely for this one to get any worse. :)
So I'll start by saying that Alive Again is definitely one of the best (if not the best) albums to come out in 2003. Also the shirt I got from Dan is great. :)

i can understand you enjoy this album but right, imagine i keep saying how my songs are brilliant right, then you check out my band and its just your typical rockish band. how would you feel towards me? :tickled:

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
i can understand you enjoy this album but right, imagine i keep saying how my songs are brilliant right, then you check out my band and its just your typical rockish band. how would you feel towards me? :tickled:

Why can't you just stop with this story. Now EVERYONE knows that you don't like Alive Again. There's nothing more to discuss.
Please, go back to the Anathema board. :)

i know i know, but i want to sue the lad who censored the thread and therefore hence thus limited my freedom of speech, which is a crime punished by the laws of geneva!

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
i know i know, but i want to sue the lad who censored the thread and therefore hence thus limited my freedom of speech, which is a crime punished by the laws of geneva!

:)
You're a funny guy, anyway when you're not talking about AA. ;)

Unicorn: If I remember correctly, it is your fault Mehdi is on this board at all :p :D

Mehdi: We know your opinion by now. Either drop it or please leave this board. We've had a great board without a lot of stupid arguments about who's good and who's not, for a very long time. Please don't ruin this. The Opeth board and a lot of the others are just ruined by idiots who do nothing but flame each other. Let's keep the Swano board as clean as possible. After all we're all here for the same reason :)

Reactions: fireangel
mind you, you lot sound a bit like opeth fans tho, getting over protective about your favourite metal hero, and trying to kick out anyone with a different opinion :tickled:

I for one can't be bothered to see this waste of body tissue again, so I simply put him on ignore. Very effective, very rewarding. You see, that's the problem with really, really ignorant tossers, they're pretty amusing to make fun of, and to see them make complete arses of themselves (as we've seen Medhieee do in this very forum) is quite entertaining, but there comes a point, where their stupidity just gets in the way...

So, as I don't particularly favour censorship, I suggest 'ignore' if anybody finds him annoying...

Not annoying enough, he's probably got some good sides to him as well. I just think this discussion should be over by now. Everyone knows that they won't change anyone else's minds so why argue about it? Mehdi won't make those of us who enjoy AA turn around and say "hey you're right AA is shit" and we won't make him agree that it is excellent. Therefore I don't think the removal of a thread is "censorship", I simply think it states that all has been said and the discussion is at an end.

This thread could be deleted as well IMO.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
mind you, you lot sound a bit like opeth fans tho, getting over protective about your favourite metal hero, and trying to kick out anyone with a different opinion :tickled:
the point is we know your opinion. just because you say it every 10 minutes doesn't make it any more right than our opinions, and i seriously recommend getting a new opinion to rave about because this one is getting old.

shadowman ghost said:
the point is we know your opinion. just because you say it every 10 minutes doesn't make it any more right than our opinions, and i seriously recommend getting a new opinion to rave about because this one is getting old.
I couldn't agree more!!!

rushanne said:
I do agree that Alive Again, together with the new Dream Theater and the live cd of Rush, are the highlights of this year. But Nightingale is the n umber one!! :)
I really want to get my hands on the Rush live... but the plastic dragon with the pineapples and the bananas on the cover frightened me ;)
So it's worth investing in then? I do need to get the dvd as well though...

shadowman ghost said:
i seriously recommend getting a new opinion to rave about because this one is getting old.

right. did i tell yous i think opeth are a tad over-rated too?

Well, Opeth can be a bit hard to get into so I can understand why you think they're overrated. To some extent I actually agree (I never thought I'd say this though :p ). Opeth is a great band, but there are other bands out there that IMO are much better. Yet Opeth are way bigger than any of those bands will ever be. So: overrated in terms of fame and selling records - yes. Overrated as great musicians with a very unique sound - no.