Censorship

mehdi.i.e.e.e

New Metal Member
Feb 28, 2002
i just wanted to warn you - don't try to be funny because there's some censorship going on here.

Originally posted by Light
I'm getting a little bit tired of seeing posts deleted AGAIN in threads. I thought we'd sorted this one out. I for one won't stick around if it continues. Mega, haven't you got anything better to do? I could understand offensive posts being blitzed... wiping out friendly conversation between fans just pisses us off.

I have tons of better things to do than monitor this forum but I do it for being a fan of the band, for helping them out as well as trying to maintain some order here and so that not everyone would waste their time by browsing thru some pointless postings. I have a life outside this forum and in my opinions forums like these are meant for to share information and serious discuss about serious things, not for teenage chit chat. IMO conversation is not postings like "me too","they rule" etc postings, they just waste everyones time who are browsing thru threads looking for interesting topics.
But hey if you want this forum to be a teenage haning out place with no control at all, then feel free to have your freedom but don't come back whining. And I can play this game as well and start adding my useless comments to every thread possible if you want and find it interesting.

The world won't miss you...

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
Yeah... I don´t really know how these forums work but I do know that having the extra forum in the OPETH area works quite well for those who want to discuss other stuff besides Metal.

That would be a good idea and I'll see what I can do about it. But then again why couldn't you use that chit chat forum on Opeth board and just spread information about its existence here ?

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
Well, OK.

For anybody who wants to talk about anything else besides Metal then head over to the OPETH forum where you will see a general chat topic. Enjoy !

Direct URL:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f116/s

Basically I do not have anything against SEPARATE threads that does have something to do with music and can be loosely traced to Anathema (influences, recommendations etc) but what I really hate are totally two word/useless/funny comments postings INSIDE serious threas. They are just waste of tiem to check out. People should think a bit more before they post and ask themselves a question "Is this something OTHERS would find interesting?"

hey did you see who created the 'ive got nothing to say' thread? funny isn't it? i think that message board is just fine the way it is. i'll never have a party with you mega, i guess it's boring as hell - "don't laugh! we have to stay serious!" :lol:

and i think the question you should ask yourself before deleting a post is 'maybe it doesn't make me laugh, but maybe some other people like it'. death to dictatorship!

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e
hey did you see who created the 'ive got nothing to say' thread? funny isn't it? i think that message board is just fine the way it is. i'll never have a party with you mega, i guess it's boring as hell - "don't laugh! we have to stay serious!" :lol:

I know very well who started that thread but the point is, that the name of the thread already implies the purpose and I don't have to check it out if I don't want to. With serious threads I am interested in, it is a waste of time to browse thru the thread just to find out that the latest posting is "me too"...and no I would never party with a frenchman anyway.

and i think the question you should ask yourself before deleting a post is 'maybe it doesn't make me laugh, but maybe some other people like it'. death to dictatorship!

If you want to laugh, go to joke sites. If you want to make friends and have a good time, then go to chat rooms.

Total anarchy is a nice idea but in practice it won't work, you will learn that when you grow older.

Originally posted by mega
I know very well who started that thread but the point is, that the name of the thread already implies the purpose and I don't have to check it out if I don't want to. With serious threads I am interested in, it is a waste of time to browse thru the thread just to find out that the latest posting is "me too"...

sorry if we wasted 4 seconds of your life everyday master.

and no I would never party with a frenchman anyway.

too bad i'm not french. but that was a good attempt.

If you want to laugh, go to joke sites. If you want to make friends and have a good time, then go to chat rooms.

what if we want to discuss about topics with people who like the same band as i do without getting censored each time one of us pulls out a joke?

Total anarchy is a nice idea but in practice it won't work, you will learn that when you grow older.

ho ho ho that was really naughty. but i like it when you're mean. i can picture you bitch-slapping me, yummy. err. anyway, what the fuck dude, it's a message board, as far as i know it's not a matter of life or death if there's one or two funny posts a day. take it easy [no no i won't say 'get a life'].

hey guys! don't quarrel! mehdi, read mega's entries once again, cos he says about something else and you say about something else (if you know what i mean).
besides, you both just speak your mind (subjective opinions). it's idle.

by the way, mehdi, don't be egoist, you must understand that there are people like mega that are sick of 'useless' messages. i think that mega is right saying that 'serious' threads should be serious.

What about if I just want to cry? I know I just found the cracking chamber of tears…Laughing bitterly…Ha, ha charade you are… :)
Anarchy is a good idea and this means that it works well. None of our practices precede our ideas.. (the argument that anarchy is a mere utopia is a reduction of the conceptual background of the wider ideal and put forward by some but not all anarchists). A possible objection to what said here is that the application of all ideas, concepts, theories, products of human rationality to the world had been imperfect (or even disastrous in many, countless really, cases..), so why, do you think this world needs money, authority (=repression), inequality, hatred, etc., in order just to breath?:confused:

Long live Visionary Drins! :lol:

…And do you think Goodman was any better than Mick’s mate’s dog? Bonez dreaming about bones… :)

this post may be censored, but i wanted to say that one of Don Corleone's post's been censored in that thread. having said that, my 'mr yoda wisdom' post makes much sense.

censoring posts in thread called 'censorship' - ultimate irony :lol:

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
This forum is barely active as is. Just let people post. Is reading an off topic post going to kill you? Jesus, lighten up.

I am here not to look action but sharing and getting information and interesting discussion. Quantity does not replace quality.

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e
this post may be censored, but i wanted to say that one of Don Corleone's post's been censored in that thread. having said that, my 'mr yoda wisdom' post makes much sense.

censoring posts in thread called 'censorship' - ultimate irony :lol:

REALLY, MEHDI? WHICH ONE? I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING OFFENSIVE.
so am i the one who is being censored?? lololololol

With the time I spent reading this thread I could probably have read 50x "Me too" and another 50x "They rule". What's the deal? It takes about one second to go over a post like that.

"Wer immer nur reinlich hält und dem Besen zuspricht, der kehrt am Ende das Leben aus" :D

I don't like the word CENSORSHIP, if it means someone wanna lead your own thoughts or shut your mouth up. But I understand bros of metal are frequently censored in many ways and situations... then we should have a place to talk about metal, not only the music, the feeling of the metalhead too. So I beg ppl who wanna talk about fishing, horse races or fowling, please go to the indicated forums.... like Opeth. :D